Author Topic: advice needed on cancer insurance claim  (Read 1498 times)

Offline minimoo

• Donator
advice needed on cancer insurance claim
« on: June 18, 2010, 07:12:11 PM »
i hope ive posted this in the right place, Bruno is insured with healthy pets and he has recently been diagnosed with cancer, his insurance runs out in sept, the vet is hoping for a 6 month course, costing £3.500, he is insured for £3.000,which is fine . will i be covered until the money runs out or until sept when presumably i wont have used up the £3.000 ,but the policy expires, and with it being incurable will they let me re insure him assuming he is still ok (fingers crossed), its very confusing and i would be grateful if anyone has had experience of this, hope im making sense .
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Re: advice needed on cancer insurance claim
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 03:54:49 PM »

Think you should be fine as long as you renew the policy When it becomes due.

Read through the terms and conditions in your policy. Looking at them on the internet I think they will pay.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline mooching

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 04:14:19 PM »
Which cover do you have with Healthy Pets - Bronze, Silver or Gold?

I've checked Healthy Pets website and they say "Healthy Pets plan for the future. We will cover your pet for veterinary fees for its lifetime providing you renew your policy each year!" You may find however that they increase your premium for next year based on this claim. 

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 07:49:30 AM »
 ive read it like that too, which is why i went with healthy pets, as everyone one COL seems to say they are good for paying up , its the silver policy , its one of the things thats been worrying me , ive noticed it has gone up quite a bit anyway, thanks for your replies
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy