Author Topic: Do premiums go up after a claim?  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
Re: Do premiums go up after a claim?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 07:31:55 AM »
But then Petplan charge so much they don't need to put their premiums up  :lol:
[/quote]

I don't pay that much, about £22 a month I think  :blink:

[/quote]

I started off with Freya on Petplan and it was £28 a month  ph34r I couldn't afford to stick with them so i've recently moved to AXA for £9.04 a month  :lol2: The policy is practically identical so I will be adding my little man onto that too

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 10:45:27 AM »
But then Petplan charge so much they don't need to put their premiums up  :lol:

I don't pay that much, about £22 a month I think  :blink:

[/quote]

I started off with Freya on Petplan and it was £28 a month  ph34r I couldn't afford to stick with them so i've recently moved to AXA for £9.04 a month  :lol2: The policy is practically identical so I will be adding my little man onto that too
[/quote]

don't be surprised if at the end of your first year your renewal will sky rocket in price - there's no such thing as a cheap insurance policy (for more than a year anyway!).  AXA used to underwrite (not sure if they still do) M&S and it was them who bought in the 'male dogs fight more therefore claim more' idea so don't be surprised if they charge a lot more for your dog when he's adult than your bitch.

Claimed on M&S with Jarvis, premium went up 20p a month at renewal so not related in my opinion - just an annual increase.
helen & jarvis x

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 04:05:15 PM »
Hi

Im with Petplan and have claimed on numerous occasions for Diesel, premium has never gone up.  I pay same for Diesel and Olli - £24 per month per dog. (which i think is expensive and am looking to change)

Liz

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx