Author Topic: How Much ?!?!?? I don't believe it  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
How Much ?!?!?? I don't believe it
« on: July 15, 2010, 07:05:31 PM »
I have currently got both Pops and Tessa with More Than and have received good service from them in the past but have just had Tessa's renewal through and its gone up to £27.99 a  month from £17.99 and I haven't claimed this year at all  >:D Is it me or does that not seem steep?

Offline smartietopdog

Re: How Much ?!?!?? I don't believe it
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 08:53:44 PM »
Thats a big jump, bth doesn't suprise me. When I insured with Argos, it doubled in the second year. I changed pretty sharpish! >:D

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:58:28 PM »
Well on the first look around the cheapest I have found for the same cover is £23 and I have had quotes up to £30  ph34r Seems things must have gone up alot this year  :huh:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 09:02:09 PM »
We use http://www.animalfriends.org.uk/ Not gone up too much this year, maybe worth doing a quote.

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 09:05:51 PM »
Have you tried Halifax, I have lifetime cover £6000 per year for life for £20.00 per month, it was £15.00 a month and did go upto £20 but still cheaper than your quotes, guess I better start looking round for my new pup.    I won't change Indie as not keen on changing insurance companies seeing as I've claimed from them but will go with the cheapest for the best cover for the new one.

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 09:12:12 PM »
Axa worked out better for me, Freya is £9.04 and Harvey £12.04 lifetime £7000 per year vets fees

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 09:20:41 PM »
Axa worked out better for me, Freya is £9.04 and Harvey £12.04 lifetime £7000 per year vets fees

Blimey thats cheap - definitely lifetime cover at £7,000 per year??   Off to check it out  :D

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 09:38:42 PM »

Blimey thats cheap - definitely lifetime cover at £7,000 per year??   Off to check it out  :D

Ok started to doubt myself here. Dug out the documents. £7000 per period of insurance. Thats yearly right?  :huh:

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 10:00:08 PM »
I'm stuck with Petplan due to Tali's dry eye. Mine is almost £50 a month but he's on the top lifetime cover, but it's gonna go stupid I guess, in subsequent years.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 10:10:54 PM »

Ok started to doubt myself here. Dug out the documents. £7000 per period of insurance. Thats yearly right?  :huh:

I have no idea, haven't looked yet - shame they don't show the small print when you're just trying to browse.   Think I may have to do a dummy quote just to their small print.    :-\

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 10:13:03 PM »
I just did the same and in the opening screen before you start the quote process, one of the summarys says per year x

Offline mooching

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 10:13:24 PM »
With every reputable insurance company you can google and find a copy of their policy summary/policy wording and check for what's included and what's excluded.

Offline dogsgalore

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 11:00:30 PM »
After checking out lots of different options, I changed this year to Animal Friends too, and today I received £30 vouchers to spend in a well known supermarket as a thank you for being a customer.  If anyone joins on recommendation they will donate £5 to a charity of your choice.  I am very pleased with their service so far, although (touch wood) I haven't had to make a claim yet. Can't remember how much I pay without digging out the policy but I know it is half of what I was paying last year and for the same good level of cover.  :blink:
Kath, Skye plus Jock and Millie

[img]

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 11:07:32 PM »
After checking out lots of different options, I changed this year to Animal Friends too, and today I received £30 vouchers to spend in a well known supermarket as a thank you for being a customer.  If anyone joins on recommendation they will donate £5 to a charity of your choice.  I am very pleased with their service so far, although (touch wood) I haven't had to make a claim yet. Can't remember how much I pay without digging out the policy but I know it is half of what I was paying last year and for the same good level of cover.  :blink:

To be honest I always want to know whether they pay out regardless of the price of cover.   I've looked at their reviews and it doesn't look good http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews57550.html

Has anyone on here claimed through these?   Only asking because I'm interested in the best deal but only if they pay out with no quibbles.   :-\

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 08:25:47 PM »
I've had no problems claiming with the Halifax, but they put up their excess to 100 pounds, it started off at fifty  ::)

Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.