Author Topic: Healthy pets renewal  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
Healthy pets renewal
« on: August 19, 2010, 03:13:41 PM »
quote just arrived for Murron. I nearly fell over as the premium has more that doubled to £213 for the next year  ph34r that's with Gold cover. Just as well I was sitting down when I opened it  :005:

Now it's time to start trawling the minfield to find another insurance company.

Has anyone had similar to this lately, and if so, how did you get on looking for a new company?

Cheers.

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
Re: Healthy pets renewal
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 03:46:42 PM »
yep same happened to me and a few other people, theres a thread here about it

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=73971.0

I went with sainsburys but havent made a claim although I have read good things about them.

I would also have a look at axa insurance, something made me wish the other day I had gone with them over sainsburys but I really cant remember what it was.

Something to do with someone saying axa dont increase premiums as much as other companies I think.

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 03:48:35 PM »
Yes, Penny was just over £14 last year and 12 mths and no claims later she is just over £34 for same cover. My friend had hers insured with them too and that has more than doubled too. I rang to tell them I was cancelling and they explained the reason why its gone up so much is many because cocker owners put in too many claims.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 04:01:37 PM »
Another one here - Lillies renewal quote from Healthy Pets more than doubled to £444  :o  :o I have changed to Sainsburys for £152  :D

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 11:36:58 PM »
Axa for me after several swaps, mainly on recommendation from other COLers. No experience on claims or premiums yet though as mine are still babies  :huh:

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 06:49:37 AM »
ive just insured Ella with sainsburys insurance, but it is still underwritten by AXA same as healthy pets was, i think AXA underwrite an awful lot of insurance people these days, so i expect sainsburys will shoot up next year , in my recent experience with Brunos cancer, it seems like a viscious circle, you insure your dog so the vets can charge more and the insurance people then put up their prices and so on, the people who suffer are the pet owners, though my local vets practice are very good, but generally vets charges have gone up by huge amounts in the last few years and there should be some sort of cap on them IMHO
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline sox

• Site Member
  • You don't have a life without a cocker
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 11:44:21 AM »
My renewal with Healthy Pets is not until December so I will have to wait and see  :shades:

Offline connel

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 03:30:35 PM »
Just got my renewal from Healthy Pets for Finn and Jan - sort of knew what to expect after the thread on here and another forum.  Still was a shock though - last year £321.22 this year £740.78 making an increase of £419.56 >:( plus excess gone up from £65 to £75 and for pets over 5 years of age co-insurance has been introduced making the excess £75.00 plus 25% of any claim.  They will be getting a phone call cancelling this policy.  Dogs have been insured with them for 5 years and no claim ever made. 

Have been looking at AXA and they seem one of the best - might give them a try.  With Jan being 11 I don't hold out much hope of a) getting her insured elsewhere or b) if I do get her insured elsewhere it will probably cost the earth.

I rang to tell them I was cancelling and they explained the reason why its gone up so much is many because cocker owners put in too many claims

Cheeky so and so's  - bet they tell that to owners of any breed just so as they think they can justify their increases - wonder if that is what they'll say to me because mine are Springers.

Oh well off to do a bit more trawling of insurance companies.

Funny thing is it is only Healthy Pets that is causing such a furore - are other insurance companies not putting such large increases on policies at time of renewal?

Sue, Finn, Jan & Tia

NESSR - Scottish Co-ordinator

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 07:38:44 AM »
Thanks for all your replies, they have been very helpful.

In the end I went with Sainsbury';which cost less to insure Murron and Breagh, than Murron's renewal quote from Healthy Pets  alone ph34r. I did phone Healthy pets and got from them what has already been said about so many vet fee increases and claims for cockers'.

I did ask "why they were trying to charge more than double when AXA were offering very much the same cover for £88, and they (Healthy Pets) were underwritten by AXA?" There reply was that they had just moved back to being underwritten by AXA from AM (N?) Trust and they hoped that this would allow them to decrease their premiums in the near future. They even tried to get me to go down from Gold to Silver or Bronze cover rather than cancel my policies  :-\

It will be interesting to see how those of you still with Healthy Pets get on with your renewal quotes in the future if this is the case.

Good luck and hopefully we will never need to make claims  ;)

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 08:04:43 AM »
Thanks for all your replies, they have been very helpful.

In the end I went with Sainsbury';which cost less to insure Murron and Breagh, than Murron's renewal quote from Healthy Pets  alone ph34r. phone

Same here ! Lillie and Teva together £311.  £133 cheaper than just Lillie with 'Healthy but very expensive Pets'  :D