Author Topic: sainsburys - advice please!  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Annabella

• Site Member
sainsburys - advice please!
« on: August 31, 2010, 08:47:11 PM »
Hi all

Just a query really as i'd like to compare notes as it were. I've been with sainsburys since ty was a puppy ( 5years now) and my renewal has come up. My insurance started at £17 and has gone up every year since. I have claimes twice but for no more that £350 each time. he has had other bits and bobs go wrong that i haven't claimed for as they haven't een more than my excess. I got my renewal through today and its going up to £36 a month!!
Does this sound to much?! I dont know about changing insurers as i've claimed twice before - but £36 seems a bit steep?!!

anyone have any similar experiences? just want to arm myself with as much knowledge as possible before i make the phone call to tell them im a loyal customer and i want a better deal!!  ;)

thanks in advance

anna xx

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Re: sainsburys - advice please!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 08:58:57 PM »
I'm with M&S insurance Annabelle & my premium for this year is near enough the same as yours. Mine too, has steadily gone up over the years but because Purdey has 'ongoing conditions' it would be impossible to get cover for these if I were to change  >:(  .... between a rock & hard place as the saying goes.
You could try arguing but it does seem they are all much of a muchness & even though they may start off being cheeper than others, they soon catch up in the end  :-\    When I phoned to question my premiums one year, I was told that it wasn't down to your individual claims that they solely went by but more the breed ?...don't know how true that is  :dunno:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:29:19 PM »
I'm with Sainsburys for all 4 of the dogs and I've claimed twice on Jaspers.  The insurance policies has steadily increased but the last one of the dogs to be insured with them had gone right down so I actually rang and checked it really was right.. It Was  :o (all same cover, but subsequent dogs have a percentage decrease)

Hope I haven't jinxed it now but for the 4 dogs, when you average out the cost and the fact they paid up each time without a murmer, I will be sticking with them unless there is a problem especially as Jasper has a now pre-existing condition that I suspect wouldn't be covered elsewhere!

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 11:16:57 PM »
It seems that many pet insurances have increased significantly this year judging by a few recent threads on here.

William has been insured with NFU for 6 years, since he was a puppy, and I added Louis when I got him just over a year ago. They both have lifetime cover up to £4,000 per year per condition, plus loss of animal, public liability and various other types of cover. I haven't made a claim for Louis yet but have made fairly big claims for William during the last 15 months, initially when he had a MRI scan to diagnose his back problem and more recently for diagnosis and treatment of dry eye.

I pay annually, but if it was monthly last year it would have been about £17.50 per month for William and £15.90 per month for Louis. I've just paid a total of £456 for the year up to August 2011, which is about £20.50 per month for William and £17.50 for Louis. It would have been higher but Louis has 1 year of no claim discount and because NFU is a Mutual Society (no shareholders) customers get a mutual bonus each year. Last year it was 10% but this year it's 20%.

I think they're pretty good insurers.

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 10:26:33 AM »
Whenever I get a insurance renewal reminder, I ALWAYS check up whether the premium will be less if I go as new customer.  ;)
I checked on my recent house insurance renewal and even insuring with the SAME company as before, my premium  was reduced by over £100.  :o
Lots of companies do offer a cheaper deal if you go as a new customer.  It makes me SO mad as you would think they would reward their existing customers.
I would check what your premium would be as a new customer and you can then make a choice.
I advise anyone getting insurance for anything to try a quote as a new customer.  :D
Max (GSP)  always in my heart