Author Topic: Special Beginners " Niggling question"  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Mybuddies

Special Beginners " Niggling question"
« on: September 01, 2010, 05:16:54 PM »

I understand that its a class for owner, handler or exhibit not to of won a CC to enter into but ....

does it just apply to the breed you are entering or if you have a received a CC in another breed does this rule you out of special beginners altogether :dunno:

Cant seem to find a definitive answer,  maybe Im looking in all the wrong places  :-\

Anybody know ?

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
Re: Special Beginners " Niggling question"
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 05:45:45 PM »
Seeing as how it is the dogs who are on show, I would think it applies to the dog.

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 03:56:34 PM »
Seeing as how it is the dogs who are on show, I would think it applies to the dog.

Usually yes, but this class is specific in its definition as Mybuddies has outlined. Have you looked on the Kennel Club website? If you can't find your answer there you could always give them a ring. Good question.

Offline Mybuddies

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »

thanks Michele,  I did email the kennel club but thus far no response,  I have since waded  ph34r through the " show regulations 2010 " booklet that I  presume club secretaries/commitees use to decide their classes
and found this -

Definition- Beginners- For owner handler or exhibit not having won a first prize at any show

also

If any class be provided with a definition other that those defined (above), the word " special" must precede the name of each class

therefore I can only conclude in this case it is open for wide interpretation and as long as the class is titled with " special" you enter by the schedule definition ;)

On further study of some breed champ and open show schedules its appears the champ shows generally use the CC and the open shows use the first and some stipulate " in this breed"  as a definition of classes available to enter

So I think  ::) that clears it up for me anyway and will go by the individual schedule definitions ;)

Interestingly though ( whilst reading a bit more of the show regulations) if you were fortunate to win a "special beginners" class,  it would not class as a "win" or "first" because it is a special class and you would be able to enter a "special beginners" class again IYSWIM

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 10:57:37 PM »

thanks Michele,  I did email the kennel club but thus far no response,  I have since waded  ph34r through the " show regulations 2010 " booklet that I  presume club secretaries/commitees use to decide their classes
and found this -

Definition- Beginners- For owner handler or exhibit not having won a first prize at any show

also

If any class be provided with a definition other that those defined (above), the word " special" must precede the name of each class

therefore I can only conclude in this case it is open for wide interpretation and as long as the class is titled with " special" you enter by the schedule definition ;)

On further study of some breed champ and open show schedules its appears the champ shows generally use the CC and the open shows use the first and some stipulate " in this breed"  as a definition of classes available to enter

So I think  ::) that clears it up for me anyway and will go by the individual schedule definitions ;)

Interestingly though ( whilst reading a bit more of the show regulations) if you were fortunate to win a "special beginners" class,  it would not class as a "win" or "first" because it is a special class and you would be able to enter a "special beginners" class again IYSWIM

Yes, thinking about it all the other classes are defined by your placing but not Sp. Beg.
One of those grey areas it would seem.