Author Topic: Insurance Question for a Friend  (Read 1389 times)

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
Insurance Question for a Friend
« on: September 22, 2010, 01:13:20 PM »
Hiya,

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light. The details are a little vauge as I've not seen the policy myself.

My friend has her pet insured with E & L and her dog has developed a heart condition. The dogs been put on two lots of tablets (can't think what they were) but the insurance company have paid for all the investigation work etc but have now closed the claim and have marked his policy that they'll not pay for anything heart related from now on. Surely the ongoing medication is part of the exsisting claim? I've asked her to check her policy to see if it covers the entire length of the condition/up to a certain value or timescale.

Sorry its all so vauge but do you think the insurance company should be paying the monthly bills?

Hx

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
Re: Insurance Question for a Friend
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 01:25:37 PM »
Hmmm, looking through all the small print I think I may have answered my own question. They cap £500 per claim which they have probably just about reached.

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 01:28:03 PM »
That's probably it, but I think E & L are not very good.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 01:41:49 PM »
That's probably it, but I think E & L are not very good.

I've heard this and she realised it when my face dropped as she said it! Doh! Its going to be everso costly, its £75/month treatment so I've asked her to look online for meds but I fear once the vets have added a prescription writing fee that it'll be somewhat similar to what shes already paying.  :-\

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 02:05:20 PM »
Could your friend ask for a prescription for six months or a years supply of medication. If she has not used an online pharmacy before they offer a discount for the first order, so she could possibly get it quite a bit cheaper?

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 02:29:08 PM »
I hadn't thought of that Eve, a very good idea! Will definately suggest it - thank you  :D

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 02:56:17 PM »
We are with e&l for Busters incontinence claim. They sent us a letter to say that, after the year was out, that they wouldn't cover anything to do with the urinary tract. We were covered up to £1,000 as well so it was whichever was reached first. In Buster's case it will be the year so we will have to pay the full price of his tabs after that but he is sooooo worth it! Seriously, I was recommended to go to E&L by a breeder in another breed but with the problems which we have had with our first ever claim in 11 years I have now cancelled all of our other policies with them. I would suggest that any other people who are with them do the same  :luv:
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).