Author Topic: Another Insurance One!  (Read 3380 times)

Offline mooching

Re: Another Insurance One!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 11:37:21 AM »
however one of their conditions is that you must pay and have an annual dental examination by your vet, my second question is for those with Petplan, how much does your vet charge for this annual exam?
I remember reading this & so asked the vet & as they look at their teeth annually when they have their boosters/annual check they said this covers it  ;)
Diesel & Olli are with petplan, my vet examines teeth during annual check when they get their boosters and this does cover

Yup same here. And the good thing is that PetPlan also paid out for my Cavi's teeth cleaning and extractions, and also my cat's cleaning and extractions, whereas I don't think other insurance companies cover dental work.

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 05:55:55 PM »
however one of their conditions is that you must pay and have an annual dental examination by your vet, my second question is for those with Petplan, how much does your vet charge for this annual exam?
I remember reading this & so asked the vet & as they look at their teeth annually when they have their boosters/annual check they said this covers it  ;)
Diesel & Olli are with petplan, my vet examines teeth during annual check when they get their boosters and this does cover

Yup same here. And the good thing is that PetPlan also paid out for my Cavi's teeth cleaning and extractions, and also my cat's cleaning and extractions, whereas I don't think other insurance companies cover dental work.

Went with Petplan in the end at £25 per month - felt it was the safest bet.       Need to change Indie now as I don't like the fact her insurance company now makes you pay 20% of the bill as soon as she hits 6 years old  ::)

Offline Mrs T

• Donator
  • Harry 30/6/94-11/1/10
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 04:41:57 PM »
I received Phoebe's insurance renewal quote this morning from Healthy pets and guess what, it has tripled to £372.37  >:D Having read the above posts I was prepared for this to happen and after further research on other providers and taking into account what others have said, I have gone with M&S for £173.64.   Healthy Pets have introduced the co-insurance of 25% of claim for over 5 years of age, which means from now on for Phoebe - M&S is 20% for over 9 and also covers dental work, providing she has regular checks.

When I spoke to the very nice lady at Healthy Pets and told her about these on line discussions she said that that was the problem - we all move over to the less expensive providers and the insurance companies then start to increase the premiums as part of a vicious circle.  She did agree though, that it was human nature for us to go for the best cost value.

Phoebe went to the Bridge on 25/11/2012   :luv:

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 08:00:40 AM »
This is the first time I've looked at the insurance board so it's too late for your insurance renewal I know. I was with Petplan for 7years,  until last year with my previous cocker and had to pay excess plus 20% of the bill every time, but he never had to have an annual dental examination. However, Jake had chronic kidney failure and 4 other serious conditions that we were claiming for and Pet plan paid out every time. He was able to get the most expensive diagnostic tests as each new condition developed and at the end it was reassuring to know that he had had the best possible medical care.