Author Topic: Eek!  (Read 996 times)

Offline saffysmum

Eek!
« on: October 28, 2010, 02:24:31 PM »
Have just entered my first show with the monster and then turned round to look at her and realised I put her in the wrong class.  I put her in gundog MP and should have put her in the afghan class!! :005:.  Now, I've been using the comb and rubber band but nothing is budging at all but she is terrible looking especially the knot on top of her head.  It sort of twists and sticks straight up all the time.  It is so long that it is starting to come down her neck. Help!  What can I do?  She's not ready to strip but I can't take her to a show in this state can I?
There is a puddle on the floor,
tis there for all to see,
now is this puddle H20,
or is this K9 pee?

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Re: Eek!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 12:18:15 AM »
photos needed please  :005:

sorry I can offer no advice what so ever but just wanted to wish you the very best of luck with your 1st show  ;) :luv:
hopefully someone who does know will be a long soon but I suspect lots of the fluffier variety of pupsters get shown before their coat is ready to strip - if nothing else it is good experience for you both & hope you enjoy it all.....  have fun & let us know how you get on  :-*
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 08:26:46 AM »
I am be no means experienced but have always been told to not force the issue on coats just to make them look like an adult before their time.  In the puppy classes you'll have a range of those with little coat, those with masses and the ones who've been able to strip some and start looking like the business. 

However, bare in mind that they could also be in the top end of the age bracket and that month or so makes a difference too which the judge should take into account  ;)

Good luck at your first show - don't forget to post results  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 11:06:12 AM »
I am be no means experienced but have always been told to not force the issue on coats just to make them look like an adult before their time.  In the puppy classes you'll have a range of those with little coat, those with masses and the ones who've been able to strip some and start looking like the business. 

However, bare in mind that they could also be in the top end of the age bracket and that month or so makes a difference too which the judge should take into account  ;)

Good luck at your first show - don't forget to post results  ;)

I'm inclined to agree with that Jenny. Dru's coat is coming a little, but mainly have just trimmed up his feet a bit and slightly his beard as it was a little out of control.  :shades: :005: I'm so glad you've said that as was worried about Dru being shaggy for his first show tom. Mind you it's only puppy walk, so not so important.  ;)

Good luck at your first show  saffysmum. It's all good fun whatever happens. Enjoy yourself.  :D
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline dottysmum

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 05:30:59 PM »
As long as the feet have been trimmed and the head tidied up you will be ok, just try to dry her nice and flat, easier said than done with a baby I know ph34r. Any judge worth their salt shouldn't have any trouble seeing past a puppy coat. Good luck!

Offline penfold

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 02:09:03 PM »
lol......I must be half asleep today....I just could not get my head around why you were wanting to enter an Aghan class  :021:  :005:

Offline saffysmum

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 07:27:15 AM »
I will not be embarassing my poor baby by posting photo's of her but....if you look in the topknot or not topic, I'm sure you will see one just llike her :005:.  Only difference is, most of those topknots are on working type.  Have you any idea how thick and long the show puppies topknot gets?!  I have trimmed the feet a few times but I am going to attempt the face ph34rI also have the towel to wrap her and flatten the coat on the body and I'll just need to use some products to keep the rest flat!
There is a puddle on the floor,
tis there for all to see,
now is this puddle H20,
or is this K9 pee?