Author Topic: Does anyone have an alternative to taking out insurance?  (Read 2782 times)

Offline black taz

Re: Does anyone have an alternative to taking out insurance?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 06:09:42 PM »
Just on the public liability item - some house insurance policies cover pet public liability - but you would have to check your individual premium.

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 06:38:18 PM »
I was with Greenbee last year (now John Lewis) and only paid £10.80 ish a month. It came up for renewal and because of the changeover company name etc, they never sent me a renewal notice. I checked the bank, and it had gone up to £25. Soon cancelled that one!!
Have just gone to Sainsbury for £8.85, for the same cover as Greenbee  :o
Seems you have to keep changing every year, as after the first, the price shoots up, regarless of claims. >:D
Oh, I forgot to add, I get the last 3 months of the year free too, with Sainsbury!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 08:05:16 PM »
I have all 4 of mine with Sainsburys and each one has been a reduced sum to cover. They have paid out on the couple of occasions I've claimed and health cover is for life (although as with them all - there is a ceiling what they'll pay). Naturally pre-existing claimes won't be covered but I'm happy with them so far hence why they are all covered there now, and the car and the house  ;)

Whilst I could save quite a bit a month not paying insurance, I couldn't save enough to cover a major illness, especially if it were something that was "caught" by the others.  PLUS I wouldn't want to be without public liability in case, heaven forbid, they should cause an accident ever  :shades:

When husband was made redundant their insurance was on the list to consider doing without if it came to it but thankfully many things would have gone before we got to that stage.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline aliceandlouis

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 10:43:06 PM »
Just on the public liability item - some house insurance policies cover pet public liability - but you would have to check your individual premium.

Excellent point  ;)

Animal insurance is one of those things we re-visit every so often on the basis of 'do we really need it', but given the rate at which bills can mount up I honestly think it is really important to carry it - not sure we could find £££££'s up front to cover anything serious  :-\