Author Topic: Argos  (Read 1731 times)

Offline wendy

• Site Member
    • http://www.luthame.net
Argos
« on: January 09, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »
I am looking for a new pet insurance since I am with Healthy Pets dont have a problem with them but just got the renewal through and its gone up by £15.00 PER MONTH  >:(

Anyone got insurance with Argos? the prices seem very good, if so any problems with claims?

Wendy
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net

Dogs leave paw prints on your heart

Offline JeffandAnnie

Re: Argos
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 12:13:34 PM »
I made this comment a week or so ago (copied from another thread) -  "I am delighted to report that the new policies have arrived and, despite Jeff's claims, the premiums have barely risen at all, although the excess has gone up by £5 to £65.  I am therefore happy to recommend Argos Platinum cover.
Annie is £13.09 p/m and Jeff £14.33 p/m. Platinum cover is £7,000 p/a for life."

I had two significant claims for Jeff last year ( when he was a puppy and within three months of starting the insurance) and they were paid quickly and wiothout a quibble.

So yes, I'm very happy with Argos  :D

Offline wendy

• Site Member
    • http://www.luthame.net
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 12:30:58 PM »
Thanks for that very helpfull the prices are very good. 

wendy
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net

Dogs leave paw prints on your heart

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 12:41:23 PM »
Yes I've had the same, have never claimed yet the premiums have had a big hike, so am in the process of looking as well.

This had been quite useful as a review of different insurers.  Some of them don't have a lot of reviews so I guess you need to use your own judgement.  Some companies that I've never heard of.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/products366.html

Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 06:04:54 PM »
My old girl Millie who died in March was with Argos for many years made loads of claims  ph34r never had any problems.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 06:09:10 PM »
I have been with Argos for some time without probs but I have just had my renewal and my premium had doubled  :o - have not had a claim for 2 or 3 years either.  Apparently whether you have a claim or not doesn't make a difference.  :-\  In the end I have changed Coco's cover from platinum to gold - and I am still paying more than last year  >:(
Julie and Watson