Author Topic: Saffi's first agility lesson starts next week - help!  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
Re: Saffi's first agility lesson starts next week - help!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 08:55:29 AM »
It sounds like you've found yourself a great club there  :D
Give it 12 months & I bet you'll be thinking about competing too  ;)   Most of us set out with no intention of ever competing  ;)

Max xXx 2 - you will have to give me a demo on the left/right. :005:
OK  :005:  I never did it with Max so I won't use him as an example as his twist left is always followed by a roll-over  :005: & Harry only knows his right, I'll start working on his left when he starts training again  :D
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline Pip895

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 09:20:33 AM »
If that is Badshot Lea they then are all totally fab - Ange is amazing and one of the most hilarious relaxed and wonderful people I know and the rest of then are lovely.  In fact if it is the club I am thinking of JLA with Reah trains there.

I think they are one of the friendliest loveliest clubs going - so do not worry!

That's great to know  :D - I had every intention of visiting a few clubs before I decided - this was the first I contacted - everything just fell into place - so I never even visited the other clubs. :005:   

Angela does seem really nice - she even has a working cocker  ;) unfortunately the poor chap is on 6 weeks cage rest after hurting himself playing chuckit. :'(

Offline jla

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 10:43:18 AM »
If that is Badshot Lea they then are all totally fab - Ange is amazing and one of the most hilarious relaxed and wondeful people I know and the rest of then are lovely.  In fact if it is the club I am thinking of JLA with Reah trains there.

I think they are one of the friendliest loveliest clubs going - so do not worry!

It is me with Reah - I didn't reply back earlier as I didn't want the op thinking I was stalking her lol.

Thanks for the kind words Rosie.  We are a competitive club in that most of us compete but we are also probably one of the most sociable clubs going that I know of  :lol2:

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 10:50:56 AM »
hey, dont sweat it.....

ebony and i started agility training 3 weeks ago and we love it......ebony seems to be a bit of a natural but it wouldnt really worry me if she wasnt cause our main reason for going was exercise, for both of us and just a bit of fun.....you'll love it!!!

And if the trainers there are anything like ours they wont be concerned if the pooches dont pick it up straight away, we have a few wayward boisterous dogs as our classes and the trainers love them!!! :luv:

have fun ;)

ps where do u live???

Offline Pip895

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 11:10:47 AM »
It is me with Reah - I didn't reply back earlier as I didn't want the op thinking I was stalking her lol.

No chance of that  :005: - Will be good to meet you - do you go to the Saturday 12.30 session with Reah?  I had better be getting ready now - really excited - I decided to give Saffi her main walk before we went this morning - so she might be a little less hyper ph34r.  I will let you know how we get on. :D

Offline LouiseAS

• Inactive
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 11:17:24 AM »
Have a great time.  I'm sure Saffi will love it.
Louise & my beautiful girl Meg xx

Offline Pip895

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 02:49:52 PM »
It was great - Saffi enjoyed it - There were just three in our "subgroup" all starting today.  We just did very basic things like running through a box saying "hit it" when all four paws were in the box and running through a series of jumps (lying on the ground"  towards a target. 
Saffi was a star apart from insisting on picking up the target and retrieving it to me every time. ph34r :005: At least I suppose she was good in that she gave it to me :luv: and didn't just rush off across the ground with it as I half feared she would. 

We then progressed to going through a tunnel and across a plank at ground level. 

I am looking forward to getting on to the bigger stuff and propper jumps but I can see why its done this way.  Roll on next week! :D

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 03:13:05 PM »
It sounds like great foundation work to me  :clapping:
Glad you both enjoyed it & well done Saffi for lovely retrieves  :005:

Offline Pip895

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 08:49:37 PM »
Week two went pretty well - we went through a curved tunnel, did turning after jumps and walking along a plank on the ground, as well as going over what we did last week. 

Saffi really enjoyed herself but I had to go fetch her on a couple of occasions when she became temporarily deaf investigating an area where someone had dropped some sausage.  :013:  The instructors responce was "Typical - that's spaniels for you!" :005:

I was only armed with kibble  ph34r - next week I can see I'm going to have to up the anti,  - frankfurters I think! >:(  :lol2:

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 09:08:53 PM »
Yes something very very tasty or a variety of special treats for their hard work.  Having said that it doesn't matter what treats I use Max will always think the other dogs mums have something better & yes they'll still find any dropped treats