Author Topic: Pet insurance  (Read 2682 times)

Offline joanna84

• Daisy
Re: Pet insurance
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 04:11:27 PM »
I searched around for a good while reading all the small prints etc then decided to go with Healthy Pets and we have had no problems with 2 claims made so far, they deal with the vet direct and have paid promptly....the premiums are very reasonable too.

Offline mooching

Re: Pet insurance
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 04:21:10 PM »
[quote author=Jeanette link=topic=81139.msg1207323#msg1207323 date=1298731689
My vets deal directly with Petplan as had to give the policy number for Quinn this week, I still had to pay the bill  and they send off the details direct to Petplan and Petplan refund me.     There is no avoiding not paying up front here, I had to use my credit card.   
[/quote]

When I said that PetPlan is the only insurer my vets will deal with directly, I meant the only one where you don't have to pay upfront.

I fill in the form, give it to the receptionist, and that's all I do. They send it off and the vet gets reimbursed by PetPlan. If there's any excess to deal with (as there is at the beginning of each 'claim year'), I either pay the excess upfront, or I get a bill from the vets telling me how much PetPlan have settled, and how much I still owe them.

And they don't charge me a penny for this, unlike Jan/Billy's vet.

But it's only PetPlan they will deal with like this.