Author Topic: Advice please for a beginner  (Read 976 times)

Offline sarah phillips

• Donator
Advice please for a beginner
« on: March 06, 2011, 07:57:27 PM »
I was wondering what do all you experienced show people do when the inevitable happens. You've prepared for a show, washed your dog and the rain (mud) arrives.

Do any of you have a coat you use to keep your dogs clean at such times.

I'm struggling with the whole idea that Pebble needs his bath a few days before a show for his coat to settle but then at this time of year it gets wet and muddy again.

Any advice greatly appreciated.  ;)

Offline kaycee

• Wow!!!
Re: Advice please for a beginner
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:43:42 PM »
Hi sarah, dont worry we all panick when the weather is ugly, the day after i bath mine i stick to road excercise, let them out early show morning on the grass to releive themselves and shut them on to a concrete area, dont walk if its wet, usually the legs & paws are wet i find loads of kitchen roll takes away most of the wet before they get into the car,usually they are completely dry by the time we arrive at the show once they have shown they can do as they like, theyve earned it!!! happy showing kx.

Offline Emma3

• Emma and Bella
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 11:39:35 PM »
I'm just a beginner too, but I use a waterproof trouser suit and a snood and stick to roads. I also only wash her the night before so its just the morning I've got to worry about.

Offline sarah phillips

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 08:47:04 PM »
I'm just a beginner too, but I use a waterproof trouser suit and a snood and stick to roads. I also only wash her the night before so its just the morning I've got to worry about.

Thanks for response - which suit do you have?

Offline Emma3

• Emma and Bella
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 02:58:51 PM »
I've got the cosipet trouser suit, its the 16''/40cm. I initially had one that was specially for small cockers, had a deeper chest, but the legs were sooooooo long that the were constantly coming off so I'd recommend the standard one designed for any breed (unless yours is built like a giraffe :005:). I can't remember where I got mine, but I think you can get them from amazon.
Emma x