Author Topic: main board down for maintenance ?  (Read 3766 times)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: main board down for maintenance ?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 02:50:11 PM »
I modified your full stop post and didn't get the funny page come up. Not sure what is happening - it's obviously a bit of a random error that only happens now and again but will report it to Stu and he can see if it's anything obvious he can repair.
Jane

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 03:02:39 PM »
Thanks Jane,  I also tried to email my message to you to modify & that didn't go, so must have been one of the 3 ingredients I'd listed  :huh:
Thanks for modifying the thread
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 03:20:54 PM »
I'm aware of this error now, thanks to everyone that's posted so far, would be good if you could all post here when this happens and make a note of what you were doing/posting at the time the error occurred. I can't find a reason for this error just yet.

Offline Fudgeley

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 05:47:24 PM »
It happened to me again when I posted my last photo thread.It seems Ok with text only posts but the photos that I am copying from Flickr don't work unless I adapt the copied link.They used to work fine and I am not having any other problems on other forums.

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 02:02:53 PM »
It happened to me again when I posted my last photo thread.It seems Ok with text only posts but the photos that I am copying from Flickr don't work unless I adapt the copied link.They used to work fine and I am not having any other problems on other forums.

Could you expand a bit further on 'adapt the copied link' please? It might be able to replicate the error by doing what you do.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 02:43:15 PM »

Could you expand a bit further on 'adapt the copied link' please? It might be able to replicate the error by doing what you do.

Flickr uses a very long complicated BBcode to copy to insert images - if you delete most of it and just use the actual photo link in between the IMG tags in the middle of the code, it works fine. I think that's what Fudgeley means by "adapting" the copied link.
Jane

Offline Fudgeley

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 02:52:37 PM »
Yes.

Flickr gives you a block code which surrounds the main IMG code.It details the photo and links the viwer back to the Flickr album.What I don't understand is why it used to work and why it would trigger the main

board down for maintenance page?

I have no problems with photos from photbucket by the way.

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 06:04:39 PM »
I use Flickr. But rather than use the HTML/BB code given on the 'share this' tab, I click on the 'actions' tab, then 'view all sizes' - select the size pic you want to use, then right click and select 'properties' - copy the 'address:URL'- and paste between the [img] [img] on your message!
Does this help in any way :-\ or am I just being a numpty :D

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 03:07:56 PM »
Interesting stuff, I can recreate the error by using Flickr links, seems to fall over when there is more than one link in a post.
Will keep testing.

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 03:22:26 PM »
I use Flickr. But rather than use the HTML/BB code given on the 'share this' tab, I click on the 'actions' tab, then 'view all sizes' - select the size pic you want to use, then right click and select 'properties' - copy the 'address:URL'- and paste between the [img] [img] on your message!
Does this help in any way :-\ or am I just being a numpty :D

Bluebell, your method does work and doesn't force the error. I suspect something in the Flickr BB code isn't very BB friendly. Which is handy  >:(

We are however still getting the error sometimes when people try to register on the forum, I'm classing that as a different issue for the time being.

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 05:47:24 PM »
Ive been getting this problem this aftenoon, trying to put an new topic on the health board.

Ok it has allowed me to post a reply here (obviously!), but when I have gone back to the health board it still will not let me add a new topic to that.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 10:20:26 AM »
We are working to resolve this intermittent issue but if you're still having problems today, send me a PM and I'll start a thread for you.
Jane