Author Topic: Sainsburys Insurance  (Read 4308 times)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: Sainsburys Insurance
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 11:48:39 PM »
I think if it were that amount I'd be starting a pension pot for them instead of the premium unless there was some ongoing problem being paid for  :-\

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Carol09

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 01:32:06 PM »
Well here is the reply from Sainsburys:

As per your request, I can confirm that you will have £7500 per condition, and that is to last year after year for a condition.

I still think this can mean two things, what do you think???

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 01:38:34 PM »
That insurance lasts a life time BUT there is a ceiling of £7500 that they will pay during that lifetime.

However if the dog had a different illness requiring treatment, that £7500 pot opens again for that illness providing that they don't say its connscted and therefore excluded...

Offline Carol09

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 02:04:39 PM »
I think I may just go for it, it's good cover really unless we are reaaaally unlucky!

Thanks for all your replies, your marvellous.. :003:

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 02:09:13 PM »
I don't think you'll find many companies that offer more than £7500 anyway
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline jasper_boy

• Jacob's Den
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 09:28:23 PM »
I think if it were that amount I'd be starting a pension pot for them instead of the premium unless there was some ongoing problem being paid for  :-\

Unfortunately Jasper was diagnosed with Canine Senile Dementia, Dry Eye and Bronchitis so there is no way I could afford the monthly medication costs so I have had to stay with Sainsburys. All in all, I pay about £180 a month in insurance for all 5 dogs  :o

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 09:38:28 PM »
Are they all with Sainsburys?  My 4 are not too bad as each subsequent dog has been cheaper and we had about £50 in vouchers this year for renewing.  I think when I checked the cost for a 5th recently, I was quoted £7 monthly

Offline jasper_boy

• Jacob's Den
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 02:23:33 PM »
Are they all with Sainsburys?  My 4 are not too bad as each subsequent dog has been cheaper and we had about £50 in vouchers this year for renewing.  I think when I checked the cost for a 5th recently, I was quoted £7 monthly

Nope, I had Bee first and she was placed with Lloyds TSB, then Jasper came along and put onto Sainsburys. By the time the other 3 appeared, Jasper's monthly amount was so high I decided not to keep going with them. But the last 3 are now with Axa and I have had so many problems with them that I am going to try and move the 2 that don't have any ongoing conditions!

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2011, 12:13:39 PM »
Finally got a cheque through for Lexi's recent treatment, took 3 weeks and only last night was thinking I'll have to chase it up.  Paid in full with £100 excess knocked off so am very pleased as this is the first claim I've had to make and I was concerned because Lexi had treatment for an eye problem before.  The vet did assure me that this was completely different and thankfully Sainsburys have seen it that way too.  :D
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2011, 09:14:04 PM »
I don't think you'll find many companies that offer more than £7500 anyway

Kennel Club now offer £10k per condition, life time cover and now the £10k is renewed each year.

That said Laney's premium has just increased to £108 per month!! That'll be the £3k surgery at Cambridge recently. Can't cancel though as she needs ongoing treatment for the cancer and her back :-( she is also 11yrs andwe have had 3 big claims and ongoing conditions over the years.

Jessica's has gone up to £78 pm however she's 12yr. Thinking about canceling as her steriods are only £5 every 2 mths but if she has another pancreatic attack then that's not cheap :-/

Otis is now £ 48pm he's now 7yrs with no big claims in the last 3 years

Thinking long and hard about sainsburys insurance when I finally get my new baby

insurance....... It's a mine field!!
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline FancyNancy

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 09:46:23 PM »
whenever i insured my mini's i a;ways used sainsbury's and they were brill-cant recommend them enough. my grandparents are currently paying £99 pcm for their 12 y/o GSD and last time they tried to claim for a front tooth broken vertically down the middle more than said we must have done it on person! >:( i wouldnt like to try sticking my hands in a GSD's mouth and breaking his tooth for a laugh but luckily our vet was great and fought the case and eventually more than paid up but i wouldnt touch them with a barge pole!