Author Topic: Pet-insurance or Argos?  (Read 2954 times)

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
Re: Pet-insurance or Argos?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 08:42:39 PM »
I would always go for the higher cover. Dennis slipped a disc last September he had an MRI and surgery, we claimed over 6000 pound ! We are with greenbee they have always paid vert quickly and for the biggest part of the bill paid the vet direct because we just wouldn't have been able to afford to. Got my renewal in march expecting it to have gone up a huge amount and it had gone up less than £1 per month  :D

Offline jessandme

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 11:44:09 AM »
That's exactly in line with the Sainsbury's one if I put £7k cover and £50 excess, except that Sainsburys has £75 excess, so it is better value.   And higher cover is available, as you say.   More choices!   But there is the double Nectar points, I do like getting money off my shopping.....

Offline mark1

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 10:19:06 AM »
We have the platinum cover with Argos. We have never claimed with any of the dogs but when Bailey was ill in April it cost us £550 in emergency vet bills. They have been absolutely awful and we are still waiting to be paid two months later. They have lost forms four times, not got back to me, promised payment only to say that they are still waiting for information. Yesterday they called and said it had been assessed approved and we should get a cheque next week. This had only happened because I chanced on a really good member of staff who has taken it on and seen it through. If you ever have to chase up a claim with them speak to Phil, he's a kiwi lad and brilliant, if you ever need it PM me and I'll give you his extension number.

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 10:25:57 AM »
I'll keep that in mind too Mark as I've got the platinum Argos one ;)
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Juno

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 10:40:10 AM »
Just got a quote for Juno with Sainsburys - £25! :o  Is there much difference if you click 'yes' to being microchipped?  I would have, but don't know the number off the top of my head...

Must be the area?! :huh: