Author Topic: Insurance with Animal Friends?  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
Insurance with Animal Friends?
« on: May 01, 2011, 05:17:19 PM »
Hi All,

Has anyone got insurance with Animal Friends? I'm thinking of changing Domino and Spike's insurance as we've been with Direct Line since the year dot and my renewal has been quoted as an eye-watering £79.23 per month which translates to £950.76 per year!! :o As I don't want to buy shares in the Company, I thought I'd look for something a bit cheaper and Animal Friends have quoted £382.20 (I presume + 2) which is £764.40. for the two dogs.

This gives Lifetime cover and vet fees of £6000 and up to £40000 ongoing condition. It sounds quite good; however, I do realise that these insurance companies are not philanthopists and I wondered if anyone else had used this Company and whether they'd had any problems with them paying out for claims etc. :shades:

I also thought I would contact Direct Line and try a little emotional blackmail, tell them I intend to change my policy to another company and see whether they can match that quote. Worth a try, anyway! ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline dogsgalore

• Donator
Re: Insurance with Animal Friends?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 09:20:49 PM »
I am with Animal Friends for my three and into my second year now.  I haven't had to claim at all as yet (touch wood!) so can't comment on that aspect but I have found them efficient with their admin and I like their ethos.  They also didn't hesitate to cover my 13 year old Westie.  And yes, they were much cheaper than my last insurers.  So far so good  ;)
Kath, Skye plus Jock and Millie

[img]

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 09:36:44 PM »
I have my 3 insured with them.  I am in the process of a claim just now as Max has been diagnosed with liver cancer.  I went with them because of their ethics.  I have had no hassle so far, and they have always been very nice to talk to, can't say any more than that just now..........

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 11:24:58 PM »
We've just insured Milly, 7 month Cocker, with Animal Friends. £170 for the year, £6000 limit per condition and a £99 excess.

I did ask quite a few companies for quotes and was pleased to see that Animal Friends supported animal charities with a proportion of their profits.

Thankfully we've not needed to claim so I can't comment on any premium hikes afterwards but I found their staff very understanding and I'm hoping for a better service from a smaller insurance company that shows a caring attitude towards supporting animals.

We've also set up a small savings scheme with the Post Office, £25 per month, as a "Just in case" fund for Milly.

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 08:00:16 AM »
I've been with Animal Friends for just over a year.  Premium was £23 for the first year, this being raised by £2 for the second year.

I've had two claims, the first was dealt with promptly and the second is in the process of being dealt with.

As others have said, they do donate to various animal charities and that was also part of the reason I switched.