Author Topic: Insurance help please  (Read 1469 times)

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Insurance help please
« on: June 15, 2011, 12:22:57 PM »
Dennis and Ruby have been insured with Healthy Pets Gold Policy since we had them and (touch wood ) we have never needed to make a claim.  ph34r  Dennis has had his ears flushed but after taking the excess into account it wasn't worth claiming.  My renewal has gone up to £468 for the both of them from £396 from last year.  I'm a bit confused - if I change companies would Dennis's ears not be covered as a pre existing condition ?? Also as I'm having a really dim moment could someone please explain  the 12 month / lifetime thing. At the moment we have £7500 per illness / injury I think this is over a lifetime ??

Thanks in advance
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline PennyB

Re: Insurance help please
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 12:58:28 PM »
Why not ask companies if they would exclude it as each may be different plus some may exclude for a period of time then if nothing happens over that time re that particular exclusion then they may include it.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline black taz

Re: Insurance help please
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »
I think if you look at your policy the values you can claim have increased quite a lot.  I am with healthy pets and decided to downgrade to silver (i think £4000 is the most i can claim for any one condition)

If you decide to downgrade to silver, like i did, just check that the ears would still be covered as they may try and claim it is a new policy rather than an amendment from an existing one.