Author Topic: Help - stuck with Bill from vets  (Read 6579 times)

Offline c19unn

• Donator
Re: Help - stuck with Bill from vets
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 10:58:58 PM »
Well to add to everything diesel now limping :-(
Spoke to breeder today , no puppy contract was provided with him or insurance - the 4 week free prt plan insurance was provided for him when I first went to vets and so this is what is causing the issue with insurance paying out. Breeder advised common to get scabs when the dog is out in the wet :-O Diesel not out in the wet only out in wet for pee and the scabs were there during the scorching days we got him ????
So looking like I'm on my own with this one - will see how he gets on next day or 2 with the limping - he started limping after he climbed out the car - my car lowered on the ground so he has managed to climb in and out the car for about 3 weeks now with no problem - seats aren't highr than my knees. Hoping it's just a little bang or the way he has landed..
Claim form sent in anyways so will need to wait and see what they say although I must say that iv never had any issues with pet plan prev to this and I had an 11 yr old rabbit with cancer that racked up a 3k bill and they paid out no issues
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 11:01:04 PM »
P.s loudan if I am getting Another pup (if ever I do as diesel costing a bomb) I shall come to you for one lol
My name is Diesel

Offline Loudon

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 11:10:26 PM »
P.s loudan if I am getting Another pup (if ever I do as diesel costing a bomb) I shall come to you for one lol

I retired from that. I only bred three litters, never made a penny and  :'( at thought of of selling any.

I am hopping mad on your behalf, the breeder sounds as if he/she is fobbing you of big time.

Can any experienced COL members help with this suggestion. If breeder is member of Cocker Spaniel Club of Scotland or parent club can a complaint be made against them to try to enable a resolution to this problem?  :huh:

Offline seaangler

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 11:11:02 PM »
Is not the breeder governed by the sell of goods act!!!Sure i read this in a post some time ago.....

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 11:14:59 PM »
I recently joined Pet plans Breeders Club (just thinking ahead) anyway it sent me packs out to give to any 'potential' pups owner on the day they leave, I am then advised to activate the Plan either online or by phone on the day of collection, ideally whilst they are there so the new owners are aware they are now covered ;)
ETA I have no pups just forward planning , just thought this info may be useful ;)

I thought your bitch had just missed?

If it's true, I am surprised how quick you managed to test your dogs and get the results because you only asked about whether to health test 2 months ago  :-\.

sorry ladies but   & really not relevant to this thread  ;)
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2011, 08:31:17 AM »
I recently joined Pet plans Breeders Club (just thinking ahead) anyway it sent me packs out to give to any 'potential' pups owner on the day they leave, I am then advised to activate the Plan either online or by phone on the day of collection, ideally whilst they are there so the new owners are aware they are now covered ;)
ETA I have no pups just forward planning , just thought this info may be useful ;)

I thought your bitch had just missed?

If it's true, I am surprised how quick you managed to test your dogs and get the results because you only asked about whether to health test 2 months ago  :-\.

sorry ladies but   & really not relevant to this thread  ;)
Thanks Lyndsay but as it has been brought up I will answer, I sent Buchal swabs off to Labolkin for FN and PRA  both came back clear within 3 week turnaround and we carried on with the mating. I am aware they will not appear on the Database but wanted the results before the actual mating took place, Belle does not have 'regular' seasons ;). She did not go on to be pregnant if you have any more questions then please contact me via pm as this is totally off topic , thanks ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2011, 08:46:27 AM »
Sorry would have asked under the health tests topic, but you asked for it to be closed so couldn't, thanks for clarifying, shame you didn't get her Optigen tested though, at least that way had there been a litter, the pups would have been hereditary clear and documented on their registration papers, Optigens turnaround is 2 weeks.

Good luck next time.  :D

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2011, 09:06:08 AM »
Sorry would have asked under the health tests topic, but you asked for it to be closed so couldn't, thanks for clarifying, shame you didn't get her Optigen tested though, at least that way had there been a litter, the pups would have been hereditary clear and documented on their registration papers, Optigens turnaround is 2 weeks.

Good luck next time.  :D
They will both be Optigen tested sometime soon, don't mind paying twice as already stated I have a fund set aside for all of this, its just that I was led to believe that tat it can take more like 2 months to get your results back? I was obviously misled. Don't know if we will try next time, it depends on when she does come into season as we are taking the kids to Disney Early Sept, so we will see, thanks anyway ;)

If it's true, I am surprised how quick you managed to test your dogs and get the results because you only asked about whether to health test 2 months ago  .

I find it quite sad that some people are waiting to jump on a comment you make , just to try and catch you out :-\ If you had pm'd me and asked I would have been more than happy to tell you ;)
Now back to Charlene and her predicament I think ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2011, 09:31:04 AM »
Can any experienced COL members help with this suggestion. If breeder is member of Cocker Spaniel Club of Scotland or parent club can a complaint be made against them to try to enable a resolution to this problem?  :huh:

The breeder is not a member of either Club and Diesel was not in fact bred by the show breeder Charlene mentioned on her Pedigree thread. I've verified this from the Kennel Club BRS records which fortunately have just been published. This is just for the benefit of those wondering where her other two current threads have gone. They've been moved for the time being pending a response from Charlene to my PM.
Jane

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2011, 10:12:49 AM »
No more advice to give but just lots of  :bigarmhug: for you and  :-* for Diesel. He's so lucky he's gone to such a wonderful caring owner who's doing the best for him  :luv:

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2011, 11:56:52 AM »
Sorry I have no advice regarding your claim but with regards to his limp I would rest him for a few days and see how he goes, though obviously if he is in discomfort a trip to the vets will be in order. When they are young their joints are susceptable to knocks etc, try to discourage him from jumping down off things, My Monty was a  >:D for this, good luck and I agree with Jeff&Annies sentiments ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2011, 11:59:44 AM »
Jane I have replied to your message sorry I have missed it :-( I u need any more info let me know .....
My name is Diesel

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2011, 01:12:54 PM »
I am beyond confused with this thread now  :huh: :huh: :huh:

I take it that the breeder did not effect any insurance and this was incepted whilst at the vets,  is this the case ?

If so the pre existing condition is likely to be right as the condition was present when you incepted the policy, in lay terms you knew about it and sought advice  :-\ bit of a nightmare I know, but that is an explanation of the term.

Reading between the lines & different comments, is the breeder effectively washing her hands of the matter ?

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2011, 01:37:44 PM »
Can any experienced COL members help with this suggestion. If breeder is member of Cocker Spaniel Club of Scotland or parent club can a complaint be made against them to try to enable a resolution to this problem?  :huh:

The breeder is not a member of either Club and Diesel was not in fact bred by the show breeder Charlene mentioned on her Pedigree thread. I've verified this from the Kennel Club BRS records which fortunately have just been published. This is just for the benefit of those wondering where her other two current threads have gone. They've been moved for the time being pending a response from Charlene to my PM.

I am very glad to hear this as I have been so confused over this matter. Charlene's experience sounds nothing at all like how things went with Brodie and her breeder. The breeder gave us 6 weeks free insurance with the Kennel Club when we brought Brodie home and she was (and still is) always happy to answer any questions.

Charlene, I hope you manage to get things sorted re Diesel's insurance ;)

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2011, 01:50:13 PM »
Good luck with your insurance Charlene I hope you manage to get it sorted out soon.