Author Topic: Early morning barking  (Read 348 times)

Offline waterwizard

Early morning barking
« on: August 11, 2011, 03:28:30 PM »
This has been going on intermittently since I came back from a week's holiday in Jan 2011.  I always get a pet sitter in and am wondering if the person sitting that week had reacted to his barking.  Normally quiet while I get up and get ready, our Arnie has, for the last few months decided that I need barking up - usually at weekends when I try to get just a bit of a lie in. My instinct is to ignore him and only go downstairs when he stops but it's not the sort of behaviour I want and now he's starting on workdays when I'm up very early anyway >:(  He doesn't do it all the time but I really would like this to stop.  Luckily the other dog is quiet.  It's the sort of bark that says "I'm bored" rather than anything urgent.  Has anyone had this sort of problem and how did you manage it?
When we go away in the campervan he's a perfect angel - sleeping soundly until I start to stir.  I can see a sort of answer there - allow him in my room at night, but I feel that is giving in to him, and may not suit pet sitters who'd then have to put up with his antics if he's confined to the kitchen as now :-\