Author Topic: Free Photo Editing Software?  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
Free Photo Editing Software?
« on: August 28, 2011, 09:50:18 PM »
Could anybody please recommend any free photo editing software.  My niece is getting into photography & is keen to learn more & obviously play around with photo's too.   There'll no doubt come a time when she'll want something more superior that she will (well her mum  :005:) will have to pay for, but for now a freebie would do

I did have some software, it may have been irfranview?  but my pc has just been re-loaded & I don't appear to have it now  :huh:
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline seaangler

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline JeffandAnnie

Re: Free Photo Editing Software?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 09:29:59 PM »
Gimp is as pretty much as good as Photoshop. I like Google Picasa for quick and easy enhancements and effects.

Offline Loudon

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 09:33:40 PM »
Gimp is as pretty much as good as Photoshop. 

Please don't tell me that as I have just recently bought Photoshop Elements 9.  :'(  :lol2: :lol2:

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 06:25:20 PM »
Gimp is as pretty much as good as Photoshop. 

Please don't tell me that as I have just recently bought Photoshop Elements 9.  :'(  :lol2: :lol2:

Oops  :005: Because it's open source, Gimp is a bit buggy and doesn't come with a manual, so unless you're prepared to put a lot of time in teaching yourself how to use it (I did it by Googling and YouTube videos but have only scratched the surface) Photoshop is better, plus if you go on any training courses they'll most likely be using Photoshop  ;)

Offline forfar

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 09:48:39 PM »
Has anyone tried tried paint.net? Google it and have a play. It is the photo editing software recommended to me at my Digital Photography group

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 10:49:18 PM »
You could try looking at computer or photography magazines. They often have free CDs attached with lids of software on. Some are just trial versions of expensive software but others are full versions. That's how I got photoshop elements which I use all the time and is brilliant.

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 08:13:50 AM »
Thans for that suggestion Emma, it's also given me an idea of maybe a subscription to a photography magazine for her  :D
Maxine owned by Max & Harry