Author Topic: Chicken Wings Questions  (Read 5718 times)

Offline Neon

• Donator
Re: Chicken Wings Questions
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2011, 07:56:54 PM »
with some dogs bashing it up sometimes makes it easier to gulp....if you worried he will pig it...then fill his stomach first...with baby pups i give them mince in balls then their bones until they learn the joy of gnawing...also...hold the wing in your hand and do mine yours mine yours...offering it him and letting him have a lick gnaw..then say mine and lift it up and then offer again saying yours...when you finally release it say crunch crunch nice....with wings and pork or lamb ribs...if i forget to cue crunch crunch nice with cubert he swallows them whole...never bothers him though...

LOL I'd throw a wobbly panic if Toby swallowed one whole.  Holding it with pliars and supervising him sounds a good idea and a bit less worrying.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2011, 08:02:06 PM »
I agree with Vixen, hold onto it with pliers if you want to leave it whole.  I have occasionally bashed Lylas wings but not often!  I cannot say it encouraged her to eat them any faster but that's Lyla!  She will chew up and down the wing until she has cracked the bone herself and then swallow it whole!

Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2011, 06:37:11 PM »
I let Pippa have another go with a wing this afternoon after giving it a bit if a bash with the rolling pin and she crunched it all up nicely.  So far it hasn't reappeared.  :D