Author Topic: Insurance Again!  (Read 9098 times)

Offline Miss Poohs

• Site Member
Insurance Again!
« on: February 18, 2005, 09:40:14 PM »
OK guys, I know it's been done loads of times before, but I need your input here.

I have Vahri insured with More Than, it isn't life cover so I'm thinking of changing it  :rolleyes: .

I had started the process of getting Ruffy insured with M&S, but they've been faffing me around since the start of January, even the vet was getting sick of it. You know like leaving you on hold for 20 - 30mins  :o, and putting silly exclusions on the policy - again even the vet was mystified  :ph34r: .

So having told M&S to forget it - I'm back to square 1.

Who are you're babies insured with?

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Insurance Again!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 09:44:33 PM »
Direct Line - it was a choice between theit lifetime cover and More Than (I am sure they offered lifetime cover when I was looking?  :unsure: ). We have other insurance policies with DL, so got a 10% reduction, as well.
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Sass

• Site Member
Insurance Again!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 09:56:05 PM »
Pinnacle, it's Lifetime cover.......and they pay up!!!!!!
Sass and Alfie xx

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Insurance Again!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 11:04:41 PM »
We have billy insured with Pet plan and have to say they are absolutley brilliant.

Unfortunately I had to claim last december , I submitted my claim form to the vets and had my cheque from Petplan within 2 weeks!

And they also insure an illness for life...just as well really!  ;)  

Offline PennyB

Insurance Again!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 11:36:53 PM »
We have billy insured with Pet plan and have to say they are absolutley brilliant.

Unfortunately I had to claim last december , I submitted my claim form to the vets and had my cheque from Petplan within 2 weeks!

And they also insure an illness for life...just as well really!  ;)
Same here and they've paid out loads for Wilf (000s). Had a slight hiccup on the last claim where they charged me twice for the excess for the same thing, but its being sorted now and am not one to get upset over a simple mistake as these things happen!

Had heard that M&S put silly exclusions on stuff which is why I'd never be able to insure any of mine with them. Someone said that they were now excluded from dog bites as their dog had been bitten by another dog!

I thought More than were for life (a friend has a policy with them and she thinks they have)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Insurance Again!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 11:50:48 PM »
We've got Jessie with M&S. Took a while to sort the cover out and the exclusions they put on have now been removed...3 months into the policy. Ive had to clain already and the cheque was with me within 8 days!!
Im pleased now... :) it was worth the hassle at the beginning
Janey

Offline Spangle

• Site Member
Insurance Again!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 08:21:11 AM »
I thought More Than covers for life.
I could be wrong but hope not as I've just transferred 2 of mine to them!  

Rachel, Sophie, Billy, Ted, Bonnie & Sammy xxxx

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
Insurance Again!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 08:23:24 AM »
I am currently with M&S but I haven't had to claim from them.  Previously I was with Direct Line, and we did make a claim.  They were very good the cheque was with us within a few weeks.
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline Spangle

• Site Member
Insurance Again!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 08:34:44 AM »
Aha...taken from the More Than FAQ

Do you stop offering cover as my pet gets older?
No, and we don't refuse cover for senior pets either. Once your pet's policy has been issued, they can be covered for life. The only benefit that stops is when your pet is 11 years old, we won't give you back the purchase price if they die or have to be put to sleep through illness or natural causes. All other benefits continue.

Although to my horror I have just noticed that the excess is £70 or 15% whichever is greater  :o    

I have only ever paid £30 excess before (Petshield)  with Sophie's policy.  They have been really great with her insurance, but unfortunately the policies for the two boys changed and it seemed a better option to change company before I had to make a claim.  

Although not sure now I have seen the £70 excess!

Offline PennyB

Insurance Again!
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2005, 08:37:47 AM »
Aha...taken from the More Than FAQ

Do you stop offering cover as my pet gets older?
No, and we don't refuse cover for senior pets either. Once your pet's policy has been issued, they can be covered for life. The only benefit that stops is when your pet is 11 years old, we won't give you back the purchase price if they die or have to be put to sleep through illness or natural causes. All other benefits continue.

Although to my horror I have just noticed that the excess is £70 or 15% whichever is greater  :o    

I have only ever paid £30 excess before (Petshield)  with Sophie's policy.  They have been really great with her insurance, but unfortunately the policies for the two boys changed and it seemed a better option to change company before I had to make a claim.  

Although not sure now I have seen the £70 excess!
Its not about being covered until they are old, 'covered for life' means that if they have an illness as a pup the insurance will cover them with that illness fo rthe rest of their life. Some policies will only cover an illness for 12 months and on renewal of policy this illness is then excluded
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Pete and Jo

• Site Member
    • http://
Insurance Again!
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2005, 08:41:52 AM »
We've just insured Jarvis with More Th>n and it covers for the total length of treatment, no matter how long it takes, and is life cover i.e payout if Jarvis dies from illness or accident up to 11 years of age.

All for 10.99 per month which we think is OK.

Offline s baxter

• Site Member
Insurance Again!
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2005, 09:09:08 AM »
Alfie is with petplan ,and we will be claiming very soon for his lumpectomy,we have are diabetic cat with petplan too and his insulin`s £60 a month and syringes about £50 a month as i use 2 day ,(his premiun is £13 a month)so we are we ££££ in and am so grateful to my mind for seeing the sence to get them covered it really is peace of mind. :D  
sue baxter and Alfie

Offline Spangle

• Site Member
Insurance Again!
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2005, 09:48:47 AM »
Its not about being covered until they are old, 'covered for life' means that if they have an illness as a pup the insurance will cover them with that illness fo rthe rest of their life. Some policies will only cover an illness for 12 months and on renewal of policy this illness is then excluded 

Yes I understand that, but it's also worth checking it is cover for life (as in till they are old) A few years ago one of the most well known companies upset many of their customers by not continuing to renew cover on dogs of 8 years even though they had been previously covered them up to that point, that particular company doesn't do that any more, but some do, especially on certain breeds, cockers not being one of those though admittedly!

Offline sweeps mum

• Site Member
Insurance Again!
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2005, 04:57:29 PM »
Sweep is with Petplan too. He recently had an operation to remove a lump from his back leg. All we had to pay upfront was the £60 excess and we filled the form in and the vet made the claim for the rest. I believe it came  to over £100 but all we paid was the £60.

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Insurance Again!
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2005, 10:14:24 AM »
I was with more than with my old dog Bonnie and they covered her for life, even paid up her full cost to buy her as she sadly died 2 weeks before her 11th birthday. More than were excellent with me paid immediately on every claim (and in the last 12mths before her death it was alot of money.)
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.