Author Topic: Healthy Pets  (Read 1550 times)

Offline merlin

• Amber
Healthy Pets
« on: September 14, 2011, 09:50:03 PM »
 >:D to me two to the vets, all clearly marked as well as the fact it was an on going claim. First there were delays due to them changing under writers, then they wanted a 12 month history for each part of the claim, they had introduced this but i could not find this written any where, then they tried to take the excess twice, eventhough it was in one claim year and an on going claim, finally they did pay up though I had to do thechasing and provide the proof that they had taken the excess, then they paid all of the last three parts to the vets, even though one claim was clearly marked as being paid to me. They confirm that they have over paid the vets i have gone through their compaints procedures, but I am still waiting for that last payment. >:D

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Healthy Pets
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 08:04:08 AM »
Sounds like a right mess! The whole point of insurance is supposed to take the stress out of paying vet bills, not add to it - hope they sort it out for you.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Goggins

• Donator
  • Princess "Freya" Trucker (dob:25/03/2011)
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 07:43:03 PM »
I totally understand your  >:D

Merlin was with them for 1 year and I thought 1 year too many. Nothing but problems and multiple phonecalls. Have changed him over to petplan (thankfully we didnt claim for anything major) and I have learnt my lesson!!!

Hope everything gets sorted out for you
Carol owned and loved by Freya (my gorgeous cocker spaniel), Thor (boxer) and Merlin (border collie)

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 12:21:59 PM »
Perhaps I've been lucky but I've never had any problems with Healthy Pets over the 2 claims I've had to make.

Their premiums went up quite a lot last year but I've just had the latest renewal through and there's no increase at all this year  :cool4: even though we had a £800 claim for Morgan's bladder problems earlier this year. I have Morgan and both cats on their Gold version and pay just over £68 a month but I see that now the cats are 6 years old their excess is £75 + 25%. All insurance is soooo expensive!
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 01:00:27 PM »
We had two small claims with them but the renewal went up so much this year we rang them to try and get a better offer and they really couldn't have gave a stuff if we stayed with them or not,so we left and went to Argos.
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 01:20:10 PM »
I was with them but never had to claim, so can't comment.

Though whenever I have had to claim with other insurers my vet always sends a full history from the time the pet was first registered and they do this a matter of course to save delays - you may want to suggest it to your vet, because I think most insurers will ask for it.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline merlin

• Amber
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 08:53:46 PM »
Glad some of you have been lucky with them. i only had problems after they changed their backers.

My vet did send a complete history with the first part of the claim that went in only a week or so before the other 3 parts, but they wanted a repeat history with each of the three parts, they made this very clear, also that they were being nice by not insisting as the claim had been taking so long. To date I still have not had the final payout, though i have had a nice letter from the CEO saying he is now looking into it, this is after I asked for the address for the ombudsman.

Offline merlin

• Amber
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 08:58:02 PM »
 :blink:

Offline merlin

• Amber
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 09:01:46 PM »
don't know how I did that but deleted text and left smiley. All is good now head office rang with an apology and my cheque will be with me shortly. They are having a shake up of their customer service and have new underwriters.