Author Topic: Petguard insurance....WARNING!!  (Read 2109 times)

Offline tillyson

• i belive i can fly
Petguard insurance....WARNING!!
« on: October 02, 2011, 06:44:25 PM »
hi not posted on here for a very long time, but had to let you know about this insurance company, and to warn you  >:( >:(
Tilly has been insured with these since 2008 and i paid for the best "lifelong cover up to £7000" was so happy with them as Tilly has had 2 mouth operations because of lip fold infections and on both accounts no problems, paid out well.
well on friday i get a telephone call asking if i wanted them to carry on taking payments, i told nice lady i hadn't had anything in post to say there were changes to my policy so thought things were carrying on, as i dealt with them via internet didn't really think anything of this! then she says well there have been some changes would you like me to run through these with you, yes i say well then fun begins, the new underwriter's are NOT going to be covering any pre exsisting conditions (so her mouth is not covered) and payments will be going up from£22.08 to £49  :fear2: :fear2: i told them whats the point of me staying, you will not cover treatments for her mouth and neither will anyone else so i may as well go somewhere cheaper, am so cross how can they do this i went with them for lifelong cover, we know we can't chop and change like car insurance  >:( >:( have sent an email complaining and if i had recevied the documents in post 3 weeks ago like she said i would have certainly have taken out new cover for the 2 week overlap as i know have an unisured dog for 2 weeks  >:( >:( have now gone with LV insurance with lifelong cover just hope her mouth is ok now.
just wanted to share.
chantelle & Tilly

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Re: Petguard insurance....WARNING!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 07:05:44 PM »
I know how you feel tillyson when we had Poppy she had problems with her eyes (ingrowing eyelashes)  and she was insured with equine and live >:( when she had to have an operation they paid the bill etc, but when her policy came up for renewal they had excluded anything to do with her eyes and put the premiums up >:(. I told them that they didn't tell me they would do this but they didn't really care, so I went with petplan. And now Phoebe and MIA are with Argos platinum cover.x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline PennyB

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 04:05:51 PM »
it may be worth checking your rights here as a change in underwriters should not affect a current policy as that will be bound by your original contract when you took it out - only when you renew your policy (but there can be changes in policies on renewal even if they have the same underwriter) or is it that when you renewed you did it without looking at any documents
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline tillyson

• i belive i can fly
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 04:42:25 PM »
nothing was sent to me in post although lady on phone said it got posted out 3 weeks ago, mmmmm  >:(  just been in touch with the ombudsman to make a official complaint, as read quite a few people unhappy with the way they have been treated by this company. it seems to be that they do not want to carry on doing pet insurance and are getting rid of customers this way, if you go on petguard website it doesn't open up to quotes and hasn't done for a while  >:D guy on phone very helpful but can take up to 8 weeks  >:( and said it may go to being a mis sold policy  >:(
chantelle & Tilly