Author Topic: Getting so confused re insurance policies  (Read 3358 times)

Offline Neon

• Donator
Re: Getting so confused re insurance policies
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 11:34:04 AM »
I took out Sainsbury's ins....when the paperwork came it said per condition so i rang to clarify the meaning  :-\ i was told quite clearly it was 'per condition' and that the £7,000 did not re commence the following year for the same condition  :embarassed: Once you had spent £7,000 on that condition that was that  :huh: no more  :huh: I cancelled it and went to AXA direct and took their life long which did re commence each year  ;) (it was cheaper too ) :005: Hope that's clear  ph34r

That's very interesting and shows how important it is to read the policy schedule before taking out an insurance.  I thought Sainsbury's was capped at £7000 per condition for life, providing the policy is renewed each year and because of this, I have been thinking of changing to them but not now.  Toby is insured with Argos at £19.75 per month.  It's quite a comprehensive insurance and is capped at a total of £7000 per year for life. 

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 12:14:54 PM »
I had to phone mine this morning to request a claim form. One of the options given was to press 2 (I think)?   if you've received a renewal increase you are not happy about................... so there you go    ;)

Offline seaangler

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
Just like car insurance renewals - they send you out a ridiculous renewal price - you phone them and miraculously they manage to reduce it  >:D

I to am worried as are Gemma is class in the top five of rare breeds(as per kennel club has said)...Will make insurence companys think twice...being rare will put the preium up(me thinks)...Talking to mark on sunday it does not make the breed sound to good...For fieldys...

But saying that not meny people know what a fieldy is..As most think they are working cockers...(not)

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »
I took out Sainsbury's ins....when the paperwork came it said per condition so i rang to clarify the meaning  :-\ i was told quite clearly it was 'per condition' and that the £7,000 did not re commence the following year for the same condition  :embarassed: Once you had spent £7,000 on that condition that was that  :huh: no more  :huh: I cancelled it and went to AXA direct and took their life long which did re commence each year  ;) (it was cheaper too ) :005: Hope that's clear  ph34r
its clear to me as i did exactly the same thing  :D :D , i am lucky as with these three dogs ive never had to claim and Ella is the only one who has got history (others too young) and hers is just red skin patches and stinky ears before i had her so i can switch insurers at the moment  ;)
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Tillymai

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 02:37:37 PM »
It's worth having a look on Quidco as they often offer cash back on pet insurance if you go through their site to take it out. We got £60 back on our Sainsburys insurance (though seeing comments on Sainsburys above I may have to rethink when it comes to renewal time!).

E x

Offline jasper_boy

• Jacob's Den
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 09:47:11 PM »

Thats right, the 7k doesn't renew itself once spent. So its 7k per condition for the life of the dog. But you do save on excess as you only pay one excess per condition rather than every year. Whereas with Axa it is 7k per year for everything, so once you have spent 7k you have to wait until your renewal date for another 7k!