Author Topic: Little light down the tunnel On Lloyd's dog Insurance  (Read 1463 times)

Offline seaangler

Little light down the tunnel On Lloyd's dog Insurance
« on: October 10, 2011, 06:45:32 PM »
A friend of ares is a solicitor..Said that the Lloyd's/Halifax would have compensate people with on going insurance as it not for filling it propmist to clients..(please do quote me on this please)As people will be able to refer to the ombudsman for Lloyd's /Halifax under unfair trading ..so there is a case there.....I would advise all people to look deep in to the small print on the dog insurence...Good luck to all concered..Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
Re: Little light down the tunnel On Lloyd's dog Insurance
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 10:09:04 PM »
 :huh:

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 10:14:38 PM »
I don't see how they can be sued TBH  :huh:

If they aren't taking premiums , they can't be sued for not providing the service.
(Or can they be sued as there was an implication that the policy would be valid for the life of the pet ? And they mislead customers into paying for a policy that won't be for the duration of their pet's life?)
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline seaangler

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 10:33:13 PM »
I don't see how they can be sued TBH  :huh:

If they aren't taking premiums , they can't be sued for not providing the service.
(Or can they be sued as there was an implication that the policy would be valid for the life of the pet ? And they mislead customers into paying for a policy that won't be for the duration of their pet's life?)

This is the part...(And they mislead customers into paying for a policy that won't be for the duration of their pet's life?)This up to the person to question them....No more different that what is going on at the moment as to being mis sold a policy

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 10:36:29 PM »
I wouldn't have thought there would be any grounds for them to be sued  :huh:

Policies are 12 month contracts and they are just not renewing them rather than cancelling them. I do think it's disgraceful what's happened but I can't see that they have done anything legally wrong  :-\  They have wording that the policy is for the life of the pet as long as the policy is renewed every year - I imagine that renewal unfortunately works both ways.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline seaangler

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 10:57:06 PM »
I wouldn't have thought there would be any grounds for them to be sued  :huh:

Policies are 12 month contracts and they are just not renewing them rather than cancelling them. I do think it's disgraceful what's happened but I can't see that they have done anything legally wrong  :-\  They have wording that the policy is for the life of the pet as long as the policy is renewed every year - I imagine that renewal unfortunately works both ways.

I am only passing on as to what was said...

I am sure there is a legal technicality that can come into consideration some ware (as to this so called (I.P.P)thing that is also going on at a the moment costing the banks millions of pounds...The solicitor loves these things to able to sue the banks for money....No win no fee...

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 03:44:43 PM »
chris i think you mean P.P.I  :005:

Shame to all those concerned especially those that may now have issue getting insurance as they have 'pre-existing' conditions
Must be a nightmare  :bigarmhug:
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11