Author Topic: Best bedtime biccie!!!  (Read 6208 times)

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
Re: Best bedtime biccie!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 12:20:14 PM »
Bob has Gravy Bones at bed time

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 12:24:45 PM »
Diesel will settle for bedtime if he gets a treat - if he doesnt get one he thinks he has done something wrong as when its bedtime i only need to say ' Bed time' and he runs into bed and lies down waiting for his treat, i have never had any sickness or hyperness giving him a treat before bed
He generally will take any kind of treat as he is not fussy but he does like his milky bones, and he settles great once he has had his treat
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 12:44:44 PM »
Toby has a Bonio puppy.  I take him out for last wees, then say "nite nites".  He knows this means to get into bed and wait for his biccie.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Beezzzkneez

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »
Maike loves her puppy Bonios, it's the only way to get her to go to bed without a lot of whingeing and 'Oh MOOOOOOOM's.  :005:
Bee

Maike is our lovely golden working Cocker, born 12/07/11

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »

Dylan was another who used to bring up green bile of a morning. They have a fish4dogs biscuit at bedtime, all part of the night time routine :luv:

Offline seaangler

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 01:15:38 PM »
We give ares thoes green teeth chews to clean there teeth rather than bonios...

Good value from Coscos at the moment and butchers tripe

I tried Jarvis with a greenie once (if that's what you mean) and never again - he threw it up within half an hour and the pieces that he threw up were swollen up to 4 times the size that they were when he swallowed them.   There are also documented cases of dogs choking on greenies and dying so never ever feed them without full supervision and always provide water.  They're not something I would give at bed time  :-\

Should i informed pedigree pet foods who makes them if they are that dangerous...Sounds rely bad!!!!!They are still advertising them on T.V at this very moment...

We have always waited for them to Finnish them of be for we go to bed...

I am on about the Pedigree Dentastix one...

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 02:42:01 PM »
My dogs get fed quite late, anytime between 9 pm and midnight, so they don't need a bedtime biscuit too.  :005:
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 02:57:42 PM »
We give ares thoes green teeth chews to clean there teeth rather than bonios...

Good value from Coscos at the moment and butchers tripe

I tried Jarvis with a greenie once (if that's what you mean) and never again - he threw it up within half an hour and the pieces that he threw up were swollen up to 4 times the size that they were when he swallowed them.   There are also documented cases of dogs choking on greenies and dying so never ever feed them without full supervision and always provide water.  They're not something I would give at bed time  :-\

Should i informed pedigree pet foods who makes them if they are that dangerous...Sounds rely bad!!!!!They are still advertising them on T.V at this very moment...

We have always waited for them to Finnish them of be for we go to bed...

It's your choice - personally with this list of ingredients I prefer to give my dog raw bones if I want to clean his teeth:

Gelatin, Wheat Protein Isolate, Glycerin, Soy Protein Isolate, Sodium Caseinate, Natural Poultry Flavor, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Vegetable Oil (Preserved with Propyl Gallate), Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Lecithin, Ground Flaxseed, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Monostearate, Monoglycerides of Edible Fatty Acids, Choline Chloride, Potassium Sorbate (A Preservative), Minerals (Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Maganese Sulfate, Potassium Iodide), Vitamins (dl-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate [source of Vitamin E], Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride [Vitamin B6], Thiamine Mononitrate [Vitamin B1], Folic Acid), Chlorophyll.

I don't think gravy bones are quite so laden with indecipherable ingredients.....
helen & jarvis x

Offline seaangler

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 03:14:21 PM »
Well i am at a lost one person says a biscuit  last thing at night is O/K and another says by doing so makes them hypo...What is best for your dog :huh: :huh:

We also give then a fish for u waffers skins makes there breath stick...

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 03:51:53 PM »
Actually, only one person so far thinks it can make your dog hyper as apposed to many who don't.  Me, Im definitely a bedtime biscuit user.  Having had the delight of cleaning up lovely yellow bile off my bedroom carpet on more than one occasion I can thoroughly recommend a bedtime biscuit.....and have one yourself too! :005:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Monstersspaniel

• My one and only
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 04:05:51 PM »
If you want your dog to sleep at night you shouldnt feed them anything before bed time biccies can make them hyperactive.

Giving an appropriate dog biscuit at night is not going to make a dog 'hyperactive'. I don't generally feed Pedigree-type treats but like Jarvis my lot have been getting a pre-bed Gravy Bone every night since I've had them.

I never said make I said can personally I would avoid doggie biccies before bedtime.

Offline seaangler

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 04:50:04 PM »
All my dogs i have had for over some 45years have had some sort of late night snack. To go to bed on...and its never done them any harm little gemma loves them...

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2011, 04:56:59 PM »
2 JWB Mini Jacks at bedtime - has to be 2 - my two have always had a bedtime biccie and probably wouldn't settle without one now!!   :D
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline pam1

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2011, 04:57:17 PM »
Gravy bone each here too!! :D
Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline Flickabella1

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 05:17:17 PM »
Found a nice size biccie today the Arden grange crunchy bites! Beau tried one as an afternoon snack and said woofy yum yum! Doesn't say an age on them so hopefully ok!  :D