Author Topic: Animal Friends  (Read 2160 times)

Offline SteveB

• Donator
Animal Friends
« on: October 28, 2011, 12:33:49 PM »
Is it me or have other people had problems with them
Earlier in the year Lulu cut her paw and off to the vet we went. Filled in the claim form and left it with the vet to send.
Waited for news contacted the company after a month to find out what was is happening to be told they have never received it.
So off to the vets again (who were adamant they had sent it) with new form to be filled in. Waited a couple of weeks still no response. Contacted Animal friends again to be told have not received it. So off to the vet yet again. Posted a copy and faxed a copy. Contacted them again to say yes they had received both copies and the claim was duly paid.
As some of you may or may not know Troy our GSD got into a fight with an adder and lost. Over £800 paid out in vets fees.  Posted the claim form on Monday 24th first class. Rang this morning, no doubt you can guess what I am going to say. They have received no claim forms in the post.

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Animal Friends
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 07:10:55 PM »
Hi Steve,  interesting that you should ask this.  I have an ongoing claim in for Max just now.  It has already been rejected once, and the vet has resubmitted it as he said the rejection was just nonsense.  It took ages to get it underway initally and the rejection came back almost immediately.  The second attempt has now been with them for 4 weeks and still no outcome.  This is the first time I have ever claimed on my insurance for the dogs, and I have to say, I can fully understand why people don't bother.  It's not easy, and I honestly think they are not going to pay out.  Have to admit to feeling very jaded by the whole thing.  Cetainly wouldn't recommend them to anyone now, and it has made me consider the validity of having insurance as opposed to putting money aside for vet bills. 

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
I have no experience with Animal friends Steve but wanted to add send the next copy recorded delivery,they have to sign for it and can't deny receiving it  :D
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 05:34:11 PM »
That's interesting as I posted a thread a while back here as I was considering changing to Animal Friends because the premiums I was paying to Direct Line had become rather expensive. As it happened, I rang Direct Line and exerted a little emotional blackmail causing them to reduce my premium (although they did increase the excess! :015:)

Reading this thread, I'm glad now that I didn't change as I recently had to claim for Domino's grass seed removal and Direct Line paid up quickly and with absolutely no fuss. :blink:
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 06:17:49 PM »
Well its moved on now. Still not received the original so vet kindly faxed a copy. Rang them to see if they had received this to be told yes but can't accet a faxed copy. So back down the vets with a new form they filled it all in and picked it back up after 24hrs. Spent £5.45 today for recorded delvery guaranteed next day. So Monday I will be back on the phone. So far two claims and 6 forms later

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 08:24:07 PM »
I have to admit that I havent heard of this company, who is the Underwriter ?

Actually I've just looked it up, it's Red Sands and Lombard. 

Erm, I've worked in the insurance industry for over 20 years and have never heard of Red Sands  ph34r ph34r   Dealt with Lombard many moons ago but that was for car insurance, very odd !

Ok, I would recommend that you phone the claims dept Monday afternoon ask to speak with a supervisor, take that persons name, explain the difficulties and ask that person to look into the matter before you file an official complaint.  FSA guidelines dictate that when a valid complaint is raised strict timescales are imposed.  If it were me dealing, if I literally had something on my desk that I could avoid a complaint I would deal with it there and then  ;) its worth a go.

If you need any advice give me a shout.

Good luck

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 08:34:39 PM »
Thank you will try that one Monday

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 03:05:51 AM »
Our recent experience with Animal Friends couldn't have been better.

Submitted a claim for Milly and got a reply within a few days asking us to phone and confirm some details and our preferred method of payment. This was done and the full amount of the claim (less our voluntary excess) was paid directly into our bank account a few days later.
I'd explained to them that there was to be some further treatment required for this condition and they wrote back to me confirming that this was covered under our policy, that there would be no further excess to pay, and enclosing a claim form with the essential details already filled in ready for the vet to add all the long technical words and costs.

Bob.

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 11:24:15 AM »
Well since my last post it has moved on good and bad news

Rang them again to make sure that they had received the letter. Yes they had but there was no clinical notes enclosed. Asked if they would accept them faxed and was told yes. Back down the vets I go to explain and they faxed it through for me. Gave them 24 hours rang them. Denied receiving the fax told them I had the receipt copy in my hand and read the number out and they confirmed that was their number. They would recheck the fax machine again and ring me back. Get a call back and no fax found. Was going to say do you want me to fax the receipt and thought better of it. Back on the phone to the vets asked if they could do it again. Rang the next day (Friday) to be told no fax arrived. So asked what is the chances of them accepting an emailed copy. Was told they would. Spoke to the vets again and they sent it by email. I rang again last Monday to make sure they had received this. To be told yes :dance04:. Was then told it was now with the assessors and would take 3 days to make a decision  :'(.
Phoned again yesterday (Friday) to say it had been agreed and paid last Monday. Checked my account and there it was   :banana: :clapdance: :happydance:
So last night dropped in a tin of sweets to the girls in the vets as a thank you

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 09:29:47 AM »
That's what I miss most about working in the vets - the sweets and biscuits  :005:

Glad you finally got it sorted!
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)