Author Topic: Fasting your dog...Who does!!  (Read 8267 times)

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
Re: Fasting your dog...Who does!!
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2011, 06:13:48 PM »
Many years ago I used to work with a blind telephonist who had a super guide dog. She used to fast the dog once a week under instructions from The Guide Dog Society and the dog was very fit and healthy. She would explain this to people in the office but the misguided fools would attempt to feed the dog all manner of undesirable things like squares of chocolate (heaven forbid!! :o) and bits of sandwich and pork pie!! I think they were under the impression that the dog was starving (she was a lab cross and therefore ate anything!) and thought that because her owner was blind she wouldn't realise that they were sneaking her titbits! Unfortunately this resulted in the dog throwing up on the Underground train on the way home......much to the distress and embarrassment of her owner!!  :embarassed:

Personally I wouldn't fast my dogs; they're already pestering the life out of me because we've put our clocks back and their supper is an hour later!! That doesn't mean I don't agree with anyone else doing it though; it's up to them! :D
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)