Author Topic: Pet insurance  (Read 1439 times)

Offline daydreams

• Site Member
Pet insurance
« on: February 01, 2012, 09:19:38 AM »
Hi,

have any of you had any problems with petplan insurance?  Bracken over the last year has had numerous courses of antibiotics and skin wash  for what has been diagnosed as pyoderma.  at the last visit to the vet she did a series of blood tests to rule out anything out that may be causing this skin condition.  we then decided to claim on the insurance as over the year it was mounting up.   the claim went in a month ago and so far all i get from petplan is that they are 'waiting for more information'.   i have spoken to the vet yesterday who will chase petplan, but what worries me is that if they are being difficult on what seems to me to be a relatively straight forward claim what are they like if  anything more complex occurs.

has anyone else had any problems?

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Re: Pet insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 07:04:15 PM »
I think charlene is having issues with petplan at the moment why don't you Pm her ;)  her posting name is c19unn she may be able to help?

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 08:11:29 PM »
As a general rule Pet Plan get nothing but plaudits.  I can only presume that as the condition has been going on for a while and wasnt reported to them within a reasonable period (30 days) they are considering the claim and possibly referring it.  You say its been going on for about a year, have you had a renewal in the middle of the treatment ?  If so, you *may* have a bit of a problem.

Hang tight, await their devision and hen post back

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 08:16:37 PM »
I would check your policy as when i was with Petplan seem to remember something about the condition having to be reported within so many weeks   :huh: of vet diagnosing condition  in order to pay out on the claim

posted same time as michelle123

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 08:27:17 PM »
No we have always found Petplan very reliable.