Author Topic: Crufts: First Day  (Read 621 times)

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Crufts: First Day
« on: March 11, 2005, 09:36:00 AM »
Hi All,

We had a fabulous day at Crufts yesterday  :D .  Thank you all for your good wishes to Emily for her Safe and Sound demonstration.  They all performed magnificently and the demonstration was well-received by the capacity crowd.  We saw hundreds of lovely dogs and stroked many of them (with the owner's permission of course  :P ).  I was even invited to feel the webbed-toes of the Portuguese Water Spaniel, something I've never done before  :ph34r: !  I absolutely loved the Discover Dogs section, but it gets impossible to see the dogs later in the day because of the crowds - so go early if you can.  It was good to see lots of the stands at DD had Safe and Sound posters advising kids how to approach the dogs  :) .

One tip you might find useful is that the queues for the hot drink stands are long, but we found a hidden gem in Hall 5, tucked away in the corner in the shadow of the Main Ring was a tea stall with no queues....  

It was also very hot this year, I will leave my coat behind in the car.

I bought two gorgeous hand-painted tiles with black cockers on from a lady called Caroline Boa.  Unfortunately she only had two of black cockers and I bought them both  :P  :ph34r: , but she has some lovely goldens and parti-colours.  If you find her stall I think it's worth a look (may go back to get some Welsh Springers!)

Hope to see lots of you tomorrow.

Sue

Offline Emily

• Site Member
  • Crystal <3
    • http://www.molkara-cockerspaniels.piczo.com
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 11:37:44 AM »
I'm glad you had a great time hopefully i will see you tomorrow :D

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 05:39:40 PM »
Hi Sue,
Glad you had a lovely day :D . We had a great time yesterday :) ...it wasn't that busy n got a bit of the shopping done.
I watched the safe and sound demonstration, whilst the agility was on in the YKC ring.  
I'm sure I will be down that way tomorrow...hope Emily has a good time :) ; they all looked like they were enjoying themselves yesterday :) .
Will be watching tonight...my boss was delighted as her poodle took BOB 2day :) .