Author Topic: AXA Insurance  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Liz F

• Donator
AXA Insurance
« on: February 06, 2012, 07:03:39 PM »
Time to change insurance, renewal has came in and doubled from last year as I had an introductry offer  :o

AXA looks to be the cheapest for lifetime cover but has anyone had a claim with them  :huh: if so how was it
also do AXA pay vet direct or do you have to pay vet then reclaim

Thanks

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
Re: AXA Insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:11:29 PM »
Hi, 

we are insured with a 'Gold Policy' RSPCA but underwritten by Axa - the Insurance admin 'agent' is BDML (confused yet? lol  :lol2:  )

Been with them for the last 6 years. 
They have never had an issue with any of our claims (keeping fingers crossed for this latest spinal surgery claim with Jennie!  ph34r )
Jennie has a rolling claim for Optimmune eye ointment and they consistently pay out to reimburse me for the treatment.  (£40 every 3 months)
So far they've never endorsed my policy to say I can't claim for something. 

I can honestly say that they are brilliant and I'm hoping I can be as positive bout them once this claim for Jennie Spinal surgery is done  :-\
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:13:21 PM »
Im with AXA and made our first claim last year. Had to pay upfront as our vets only deals direct with Petplan  >:( Took about a month for the cheque to come... not sure how that compares to others. Only pay £9.08 a month for Freya

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 07:19:48 PM »
oh and my vet will deal direct with them no problem, but for Jennie's on going treatment I pay up front and then submit a single claim each year .. It's a bit like doing my tax  :lol2:
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline SimonandMandy

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 05:28:24 AM »
We were with Axa till we moved downunder, they were fab and we barely had changes in premiums, first year went down....  our vet did all out claims as they had their own insurance advisor so we just had to pay the excess and they did the rest.  Do make sure to go for the lifetime cover though as it restarts the value every year.  We were about £18 a month when we left last May.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 09:35:17 AM »
I'm with Axa but have never made a claim. It will be up to each individual vet practice whether they will claim directly so check with your own vet what their policy is.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 10:06:08 AM »
Two of my dogs are insured with AXA, they have always paid out without problems, though it did sometimes take a little longer when they had a backlog. My vet always claims from them direct and has never mentioned any issues.
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline seaangler

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 10:26:37 AM »
Nothing wrong with this company..In fact its one of the world biggest insurance company's...

When the wife broke her Ankle in the middle of the Yucatan Jungle(in Mexico)..I contacted my bank who but me through to the American branch side of AXA(the platemun travel insurance side of it) to put me on to a Interpeter in Spanish and they spoke to the hospital and kept me in touch at all times.....and the claim was settled in under three weeks when i got back home to England.....

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 06:41:57 PM »
Thanks everyone  :luv: I think I will go with Axa lifetime cover with !st dog at £12.41 per month and a 5% reduction for 2nd dog that seems a good price to me  :luv:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline sswriver

• Alfie
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »
i have just taken out Axa insurance. I was with petplan and was paying £28 per month . Axa came in at 13!! Well pleased! I was however slightly confused as it doesn't give an option for lifetime. After reading th stuff it seems all their policies are lifetime
Susan