Author Topic: Tescos insurance  (Read 1401 times)

Offline irened

Tescos insurance
« on: April 03, 2012, 05:44:51 PM »
Its coming up to that time again when insurence is coming up for renewal. while Jarvis is young and does not yet have any previous conditions I want to look again for insurence.

Have heard that tesco is good. can get cover up to 7,500 but it does state once you claimed up to the maximumamount for a condition you will not be able to claim again for that condition.   As I don't have a crystal ball and know what the future holds, I am thinking if in the next year he does suffer with a condition that is with him for life i will be stuck with tesco insurence because then no other insurence will want to know. But then once tesco have payed out up to the max amount they won't pay any more.

I am so confused. What should I be looking for Tesco's I take it is not life cover??

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Tescos insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 01:10:59 PM »
No, that policy isn't a life long one.  If you are going to be getting more quotes, life long policies have a set amount that is re-instated each policy year (as long as renewals are paid up to date). There is no limit per condition with these policies - if you needed to, you could claim the full £7500 year after year for joint problems.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Tescos insurance
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 01:13:55 PM »
I used to be with Tesco but changed because of this - you could only claim for a year for each condition.  So, if your dog had a long term condition you would be absolutely stuffed  >:(
Julie and Watson