Author Topic: Starting out...  (Read 3920 times)

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
Re: Starting out...
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 07:06:35 PM »
Don't let ringcraft put you off, our lad was an A*se at ringcraft and at one point I was told to take him home (as he was silly), he was just been a cocker pup. Since then my lad has done well in the ring even getting a CC and the man who sent him home awarded him a good second in a huge class last year, I did laugh  :005: :005: :005:

So I guess I'm saying don't worry about the other breeds been on auto ypu have a delightful full of life cocker  :luv:

Come say hello at solid cocker Emily (my daughter) and I will be there with two blacks-
Molkara Crystal Knight at Brimbeck
Molkara Vuvuzela
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline CockersIndie

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 07:32:12 PM »
Don't let ringcraft put you off, our lad was an A*se at ringcraft and at one point I was told to take him home (as he was silly), he was just been a cocker pup. Since then my lad has done well in the ring even getting a CC and the man who sent him home awarded him a good second in a huge class last year, I did laugh  :005: :005: :005:

So I guess I'm saying don't worry about the other breeds been on auto ypu have a delightful full of life cocker  :luv:

Come say hello at solid cocker Emily (my daughter) and I will be there with two blacks-
Molkara Crystal Knight at Brimbeck
Molkara Vuvuzela

haha thanks, i'll bear that in when she's causing havoc in an hour! i look forward to seeing your guys in action!

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
  • Wightroche Magical Knight
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
Ha dont go blaming Indie's Dad he is almost sane, Wendy when did you ever see him misbehave  ;)
cheryl, owned by Snops, Rocks, Pebbles and Ruby Roo

Offline CockersIndie

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 10:59:28 PM »
haha not at all! we had a great time, she was brilliant at least half the time.. and we can forgive the rest as there was lots going on! very excited. The lady running the class commented several times that she was a lovely pup so i was absolutely delighted by that. onwards and upwards... just about to research a show lead... any suggestions? i've been told half choke (which im not so keen on?); or a slip with a swivel? what are cockers shown on? it's just so nice to be involved finally :)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2012, 08:25:06 AM »
This is what most people use, although black for Indie... This is a hessonite http://www.showleads.co.uk/leads.asp

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2012, 08:25:59 AM »
I would try  a slip with a swivel.  :D
Jenny's suggestion is a lovely one.

Other ones made out of Nylon can be used too like-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-SOFT-NYLON-SHOW-LEAD-SMALL-MED-DOG-NUTS-ABT-MUTTS-/330448822118?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item7dbae8ca06
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline kaycee

• Wow!!!
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2012, 03:59:50 PM »
Hi, my gold bitch is also related to your pup,take her to ringcraft and dont be put off, ive been showing for 11 years now and ruby is full on ,a happy go lucky cocker as they should be , much easier to show than a  quiet timid cocker, they are a gundog and should be full of it. her half sister mini moo never stops shes ready to go the minute  her paws hit the ring shes exuberant noisy doesnt miss thing and i would not change her for the world. shes 4 years old now and enjoys every show and has never grown up, and why should she shes a cocker!!!! good luck, hope to bump into you sometime at a show kx.

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2012, 05:18:23 PM »
I agree with all said on this thread. Go for it. What do you have to loose.  ;) I have two exuberant boys and I love it. I personally think this type of character show themselves better. Real showman!! My boys challenge people not to look at them. Especially my older red boy who loves to be the centre of attention and is a completely natural show off!!  :shades: :005: A cocker should be 'Merry'.  ;)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline wendy

• Site Member
    • http://www.luthame.net
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2012, 05:38:21 PM »
Its a Red thing Sarah born to show off and be noticed LOL

Wendy and the Mr Nuts Travis
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net

Dogs leave paw prints on your heart

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »
Its a Red thing Sarah born to show off and be noticed LOL

Wendy and the Mr Nuts Travis

:005: I think you're right Wendy.  ;)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline CockersIndie

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2012, 07:13:05 PM »
thank you everyone! well we had a great time last night so will definitely be going again- im just about to invest in that hessonite show lead- going to have measure up though?! how confusing. There's a very casual and fun companion show near where i am on Saturday morning which im going to go along to and enter, just for fun and experience; and i've lined up a few other Open shows to observe and learn from too over the next few months so i'm very excited; and thank you all for encouraging us to go for it  :D

oh and i've just bought one of the nylon show leads- the hessonite one is lovely but i'll use the nylon one for now and progress the leather (perhaps i'll get myself one as a birthday present/indie's birthday!)