Author Topic: Shows on the north east this weekend  (Read 891 times)

Offline Judith

• Hearts and flowers to my dogs!
Shows on the north east this weekend
« on: April 18, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »
Hi
I was thinking of going along to the shows this weekend in eston and houghton. Is anyone going and which would be the best one to go and have a look. My Winston is too little but keen on looking at what is going on. Thanks by the way

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
Re: Shows on the north east this weekend
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 08:53:09 AM »
Oooh I might be interested in Houghton. Do you have the details? Can you take your dog along?
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »
What kind of shows are they? I am close to Eston but don't know anything about them
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline Judith

• Hearts and flowers to my dogs!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »
Hi the show a Easton sports academy from 9.30,gun dogs ring 2 , ran by Cleveland dog society, and sunday, Houghton sports centre, gun dogs judged outside, opens 9.00, ring 7 from 9.30, with Sunderland &district canine society. Usually cant take dogs under 6 mths, unsure about over 6 mths and not showing as not get there also I don't know who anyone would know if the dog was entered into which class, both shows have a couple of different classes for covers, junior graduate and post grad and open. Do t know what thu all mean though ,  :D

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 04:53:11 PM »
Hi the show a Easton sports academy from 9.30,gun dogs ring 2 , ran by Cleveland dog society, and sunday, Houghton sports centre, gun dogs judged outside, opens 9.00, ring 7 from 9.30, with Sunderland &district canine society. Usually cant take dogs under 6 mths, unsure about over 6 mths and not showing as not get there also I don't know who anyone would know if the dog was entered into which class, both shows have a couple of different classes for covers, junior graduate and post grad and open. Do t know what thu all mean though ,  :D

Assuming that these are Open Shows, you cannot take unentered dogs I am afraid.

The types of classes vary according to age or the number of wins the dog has:-

MINOR PUPPY—For dogs of six and not exceeding nine calendar months of age on the FIRST day of the Show.
PUPPY—For dogs of six and not exceeding twelve calendar months of age on the FIRST day of the Show.
JUNIOR—For dogs of six and not exceeding eighteen calendar months of age on the FIRST day of the Show.
YEARLING—For dogs of twelve and not exceeding twenty-four calendar months of age on the FIRST day of the Show.
GRADUATE—For dogs which have not won a Challenge Certificate or four or more First Prizes at Championship Shows in Graduate, Post Graduate, Minor Limit, Mid Limit, Limit and Open Classes, whether restricted or not.
POST GRADUATE—For dogs which have not won a Challenge Certificate or five or more First Prizes at
Championship shows in Post Graduate, Minor Limit, Mid Limit, Limit and Open Classes, whether restricted or not.
MID LIMIT—For dogs which have not become show champions under Kennel Club Regulations or under the rules of any governing body recognised by The Kennel Club or won five or more First Prizes in all at Championship Shows in Mid Limit, Limit or Open Classes, confined to the breed, whether restricted or not, at Shows where Challenge Certificates were offered for the breed.
LIMIT—For dogs which have not become show champions under Kennel Club Regulations or under the rules of any governing body recognised by The Kennel Club or won seven or more First Prizes in all, at Championship Shows in Limit or Open Classes, confined to the breed, whether restricted or not, at Shows where Challenge Certificates were offered for the breed.
OPEN—For all dogs of the breeds for which the class is provided and eligible for entry at the Show.
VETERAN—For dogs of not less than seven years of age on the FIRST day of the Show.

If you buy a catalogue on the day, you will see who is entered in each class and some information about who the dog is and who by, age etc.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline dottysmum

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 08:34:16 PM »
I am entered at Sunderland on Sunday(at Houghton le Spring),Jaspersmum is quite correct in that you can't take unentered dogs into a show but we are in outside rings at Sunderland in the grounds of the sports centre and you often get people stopping by for a look with their dogs. Hope to see you there, Cockers are in after Labs and Goldies so probably around 10.15 ish :-)