Author Topic: 'Stand'  (Read 1039 times)

Offline CockersIndie

'Stand'
« on: April 23, 2012, 02:26:20 PM »
Hi everyone

as some of you know, im very new to showing. I've been to two whole ringcraft classes and one companion show  :005: However im struggling to get Indie to stand nicely (on the table she is slightly better). She tends to sit (obviously we taught this one from 8 weeks and it is very engrained!!  :005:).  She's moving really nicely around the triangles etc but just can't quite hold a stand without jumping up  ph34r for the treat or sitting down (lazy pup!)

Any tips on getting a nice 'stand'?.

Offline louisedi

Re: 'Stand'
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 03:14:47 PM »
use the tip bit as a reward only, when you have done your triangle & moving back too your place when judge picks you out,
try getting her too stand for her dinner aswell, gd luck, it takes a little practise too get them standing x

Offline CockersIndie

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 03:24:59 PM »
so don't use it as a lure? she just loves to sit  :005: ok i'll do that-currently practising round the kitchen island! thank you!

Offline Judith

• Hearts and flowers to my dogs!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 03:37:32 PM »
Winston use to sit as well I had to hold him up under his belly , he is better than before . I hold the treat out on front on him so he stretches to reach it and couldn't if he sits and say stand stand all the time, and walk walk when we are walking.
He is loads better at home and messes around at the class it does get easier though