Author Topic: too happy to see judge  (Read 1214 times)

Offline willows mum

too happy to see judge
« on: April 25, 2012, 10:02:42 AM »
Hi any advise PLEASE,my girl is great to show and stack on the floor but as soon as the judge comes up to go over her on the table all she wants to do is jump up to say hello,i know they say merry cocker but mines more like extatically happy :005:Any advise would be really appreciated x thanks

Offline CockersIndie

Re: too happy to see judge
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 08:43:57 PM »
I second this!!

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 09:01:34 PM »
One of mine still does it, he is five :005: In fact he gave Jane s a good wash when she judged at Coventry Champ show, she didn't seem to mind  ;)

The other four have mostly settled with experience and only Dyllan does it the odd time now. Perhaps holding her head to control her passion a bit more will help till she gets used to showing.
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline willows mum

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 12:08:09 PM »
thanks its so nice to see that someone else has a cocker that thinks its special  :005:its just when you go to shows even minor pups seem to be so well behaved,problem is sophie thinks everyone is there to love her(shes sooo modest  :005:) thanks for advise i will try holding her over the nose  :blink:

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 12:43:16 PM »
One of mine still does it, he is five :005: In fact he gave Jane s a good wash when she judged at Coventry Champ show, she didn't seem to mind  ;)

I remember that, bless him :D

I don't mind dogs showing a bit of personality and not being perfectly schooled, especially puppies - most judges will make allowances for puppies. All you can do is practice, practice and more practice (short sessions only though as you don't want your pup to get bored) - you can practice at ringcraft classes or at home (I have enrolled friends visiting to pretend they're a judge sometimes :D). The more you practice, the more it becomes "routine" for a pup, rather than something to get all excited and giddy about :D
Jane

Offline willows mum

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 09:23:47 AM »
thanks jane i do practice every day at home but getting friends and neighbours in is great idea. God they're going to love me :lol2: