Author Topic: qualifying classes ?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline willows mum

qualifying classes ?
« on: June 09, 2012, 06:34:21 PM »
As im new to showing can someone please tell me which classes qualify for crufts please. Sophie at only her 2nd ever show got res in yearling at Southern Counties which i was over the moon with but she is 2 on 20th of june and im not sure which other classes i can enter her for to try and qualify i also understand you can aswell some way at opens . please help x thankyou

Offline Selwoc

• Donator
Re: qualifying classes ?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 07:05:34 PM »
Well done at Southern Counties.
Once out of Yearling, I believe the only qualifying classes that you can enter, will be Post Graduate, Limit and Open. We are in a similar position as you, Neala is just out of Yearling, but the pressure is off after winning Post Grad at Bath and Southern Counties  :shades:
You can qualify at a Premier Open show, but only as the best of breed winner.

Offline willows mum

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 08:17:42 PM »
Big congratulations and she looked gorgeous too, she has the best breeding i would have loved to have a puppy out of that litter, im totally in love with ermine and pearls. Thankyou very much for info, well i dont think i will get to qualify then lol, i was amazed we got res, wasn't expecting anything. Thankyou once again x

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 08:27:33 PM »
Never say you don't think you'll qualify, in cockers at least we have the chance to qualify getting a 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the qualifying classes.  Good Luck and hope to see you at a show soon

As Shel says, the next class to qualify from is Post Grad - this is what the rules were for 2012 Crufts for cockers (which fall into Band E), the rules for 2013 are much the same

If it has won any of the following prizes in a breed class (as defined in Kennel Club Regulations for the Definitions of Classes at Championship Shows) at a Championship Show, including Crufts, where Challenge Certificates were offered for the breed between 7 January 2011 and 9 January 2012.

i.    First, Second or Third in Minor Puppy Class
ii.    First, Second or Third in Puppy Class
iii.    First, Second or Third in Junior Class
iv.    First, Second or Third in Yearling Class
v.    First, Second or Third in Post Graduate Class
vi.    First, Second or Third in Limit Class
vii.    First, Second or Third in Open Class
viii.    First, Second or Third in Veteran Class

If it has won a first prize in any breed class at Crufts 2011.  (NB This is in addition to those dogs which have qualified in classes listed under 2 a (4) above)

Premier Open Show
For dogs that have been declared Best of Breed provided there were more than three breed classes (more than five classes for Stud Book Band E breeds) scheduled for the breed between 7 January 2011 and 9 January 2012.

If it has won Best in Show, Reserve Best in Show or Best Puppy in Show at a General or Group Open Show between 7 January 2011 and 9 January 2012.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Selwoc

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 09:22:20 PM »
Willows Mum, thank you, she also has a lovely temperament, full of fun, wants to play all the time. I missed the show as I was away that weekend. I’m sure Sandy and Mike would be very pleased with your comment about Lisa, I would kill to be able to groom like Mike does.
Don’t be put off by the higher classes, you were so close at Newbury, yearling is always a tough class and reserve is very good.

Offline willows mum

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 04:41:30 PM »
thankyou so much i couldnt believe it myself and yes i would also love to be able to groom like mike to,i think alot more practice is needed lol. Im just going to go out and enjoy myself as she was only bought as a pet. In a few years im definately aiming for Charbonnel, hope to see you at future shows x

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 08:14:35 PM »
Well done on your Res at SC  :blink:

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 08:29:03 PM »
Well done on your Res, as has been said Yearling Bitch is a very hard class at the moment, well worth a go in PG as long as you enjoy it, why not :D
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 09:14:40 PM »
I'm sure you will have no problem qualifying Sophie  :luv: hope to see you both again soon x

Offline willows mum

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 10:12:01 AM »
Thankyou all for your kind words, it means alot. Wish i had entered Windsor now lol. Oh well pg here i come lol x