Author Topic: why oh why did i enter!  (Read 5791 times)

Offline CockersIndie

why oh why did i enter!
« on: June 11, 2012, 11:10:42 PM »
i think i was feeling optimistic at the time! We've got our first ever open show at the southampton canine association show on saturday and wow i am so so nervous already! I've got so much to do on Indie's coat (and it's a steep learning curve im struggling with!) and who knows which character indie will bring- beautiful and biddable as she usually is once she settles at ringcraft, or lead wrenching little witch as she was at the guildford county show the other day! who knows, but boy i am worried- we're going to stick out like a sore thumb!!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: why oh why did i enter!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 11:22:23 PM »
Enjoy it - dog showing is supposed to be fun.  It's all a learning curve for both of you

Good luck and don't forget to let us know how it goes  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 07:46:36 AM »
You will be fine  ;)
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 08:10:57 AM »
Try to relax & enjoy it  :shades: :D  I did this show with Georgia last year & we got 3rd in puppy class.  This was only our 4th or 5th show.  :shades:
Might pop over to watch, its really close for me.  :shades:
Good luck for saturday  :D

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 08:45:14 AM »
If nothing else, you'll learn loads from it. Good luck xx
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Selwoc

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 08:50:20 AM »
We have entered this show two, or three times now. It is a lovely friendly show, we were new, like you and the cocker people made us feel really welcome. Just set yourself up with us, if there is room  and introduce yourself. I'm easy to recognise, the guy with a camera.

Offline darcyboy

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 10:33:18 AM »
Good Luck...everyone has to start somewhere. Just enjoy yourself ;)

Offline grracee

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 11:50:10 AM »
Good luck for Saturday! Enjoy it :D

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 01:10:03 PM »
Just enjoy your day and don't worry too much about it. Good luck from us here  :luv:
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 04:48:48 PM »
I think you'll find the nerves will melt away once you are in the ring.  The more shows you enter, the greater your confidence will become.  Of course it's lovely to win, but it's great fun just to be taking part.  It will be a wonderful experience for you both and you will learn loads each time.  Good luck and let us know how you get on.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 05:39:55 PM »
You'll be fine. We were all new once.  :shades: This is a lovely show we've been a fair few times. Not entered this time as been taking a break, but look forward to hearing how you got on. Just remember whatever happens you ALWAYS take the best dog home with you.  :D
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline CockersIndie

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 07:54:05 PM »
Thanks for all your words of encouragement! I'm doing mini grooming sessions now, focus is on feet this evening- tricky! Anyway...

I was just wondering what time I should get there for? I don't have any mobile grooming equipment and it's unbenched- is it still advisable to bring a crate? She's not been used to her crate :s

Anything else I should bring with apart from the obvious treats, lead, brushes?

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 08:06:24 PM »
Thanks for all your words of encouragement! I'm doing mini grooming sessions now, focus is on feet this evening- tricky! Anyway...

I was just wondering what time I should get there for? I don't have any mobile grooming equipment and it's unbenched- is it still advisable to bring a crate? She's not been used to her crate :s

Anything else I should bring with apart from the obvious treats, lead, brushes?

I noticed last year that everyone had their dogs crated or on their grooming table's.  :shades:  Do you also have a ring clip?  :-\
Just looked at the schedule...judging starts at 9.30 a.m. cockers are in ring 7, class no's start at no.63 & cockers are 107 - 111.  I guess its better for you to get there earlier though to help Indie & yourself settle.  :-\  Good luck & might see you there.  :blink: 

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline CockersIndie

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 09:06:26 PM »
Oh god I'm going to look like a complete amateur (which of course I am)!! Ok, I'll get there for 9:30ish then and that'll give us plenty of time I'm guessing to settle in and watch others? I'll bring her little crate and  I'll have to bring lots of kong stuffers to keep her occupied- she's a very very busy cocker! I don't have a ring clip no- i didn't know where to get them? I was going to bring some elastic bands and put it on my arm but a clip is much more attractive!

Yes I'm sure you'll spot me a mile off- I'm early 20s and very blonde hair + a very bouncy cocker spaniel! I suspect my dad will accompany me.

Grooming session was mildly successful- her head looks much neater and I've tidied up her front bit (though she's not so keen on her throat, understandably- any tips for this?)

Offline CockersIndie

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 09:10:11 PM »
Also- does anyone know the cocker judge? Jane Pop. Not that it makes much difference now but just wondering :)