Author Topic: Yay, Ella has lost some weight!!  (Read 2365 times)

Offline karendorman13

Re: Yay, Ella has lost some weight!!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 09:09:18 PM »
well Bo lost 0.2 kg  :003: not bad for her first week

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 10:53:12 PM »
Well done Karen  :clapping: :clapping:

and of course Bo  :luv: :cool4: :cool4:

keep up the hard work.
I must go and get Ella weighed again! :shades:

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 12:40:26 PM »
down to 13kgs today  :banana: :banana: :cool4: :cool4: :banana: :banana:

Offline karendorman13

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
Well Done Ella  :clapping:  :clapping: :cool4: :luv:

we should start a doggy weight watcher's  :lol2:

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 09:21:39 PM »
Well, it has taken some time but we have got there :banana: :banana: :banana:

After our holiday, Ella was down to 12.5kgs, then three weeks ago I changed the three amigos onto raw!! ph34r

but got Ella weighed today at the vets - and 12kgs!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

so - she is currently getting about 130grms raw a day, and I am thinking I need to up it slightly to maintain the weight, any suggestions on how??

thanks guys

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 07:37:55 AM »
No advice about raw but ...
yay :dance04:well done!
Well done to you and Ella!
steffxxx

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 07:47:42 AM »
Well done Ella and you..... She must look and feel amazing.... Perhaps a before and after pic??? ;)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 09:38:42 AM »
Well done Ella and you as well  :banana: :banana:

My 2 are raw fed and I find that William, very active but prone to putting weight on, stays at or very close to his ideal weight of 13kgs fed on 2.5% of that ideal weight, which is 325gms per day. He actually gets 300gms raw and a few treats. Louis is slightly less active but needs proportionally a bit more food than William to maintain his ideal weight.

Most raw feeders feed between 2 and 3% of ideal body weight, so I think it's a case of increasing Ella's food and monitoring her weight as you've already been doing. 130gms seems very little, it's 2.5% of 5.2kgs :o. 2-3% of 12kgs is 240-360gms, which would be a huge increase, but I'd be worried that she might end up losing too much weight on 130gms. However, you know your dog and I don't, so I can only tell you the suggested guidelines. Good luck with whatever you decide :D

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »
Well done Ella and you as well  :banana: :banana:

My 2 are raw fed and I find that William, very active but prone to putting weight on, stays at or very close to his ideal weight of 13kgs fed on 2.5% of that ideal weight, which is 325gms per day. He actually gets 300gms raw and a few treats. Louis is slightly less active but needs proportionally a bit more food than William to maintain his ideal weight.

Most raw feeders feed between 2 and 3% of ideal body weight, so I think it's a case of increasing Ella's food and monitoring her weight as you've already been doing. 130gms seems very little, it's 2.5% of 5.2kgs :o. 2-3% of 12kgs is 240-360gms, which would be a huge increase, but I'd be worried that she might end up losing too much weight on 130gms. However, you know your dog and I don't, so I can only tell you the suggested guidelines. Good luck with whatever you decide :D

slighly off subject...sorry...but elaine, i do enjoy reading your replies and posts, always so factual, honest and accurate.....ive also found your info above very useful as im currently switching my pup to raw, xx lucy xx

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 01:09:48 PM »
Thanks elaine.e

no wonder she thinks her throat has been cut - it has!! - and no wonder she has lost the extra weight!! bless her :005:

I was working on the 1%, so had probably read that part wrong somewhere ph34r, would you suggest I raise it by say 50gr for a while and see hwo she goes?
she is basically a fairly lazy dog!!, but does run around (its nice to see now!) when we go out, but just sleeps at home!
i am worried now that I have got her down to where I wanted her to be, but dont want it going back on again! :police:

on another point, I came across a new supplier for raw feed last night, www.davidsdoggiedinners.co.uk and he just happens to be the grooming teacher from Hadlow college!!, small world!!

Offline Abbi

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »
Thanks elaine.e

no wonder she thinks her throat has been cut - it has!! - and no wonder she has lost the extra weight!! bless her :005:

I was working on the 1%, so had probably read that part wrong somewhere ph34r, would you suggest I raise it by say 50gr for a while and see hwo she goes?
she is basically a fairly lazy dog!!, but does run around (its nice to see now!) when we go out, but just sleeps at home!
i am worried now that I have got her down to where I wanted her to be, but dont want it going back on again! :police:

on another point, I came across a new supplier for raw feed last night, www.davidsdoggiedinners.co.uk and he just happens to be the grooming teacher from Hadlow college!!, small world!!

Abbi weighs about 11kg now and has 200 -250 g a day and seems to be doing ok. When you see how little meat makes up 50g I don't tend to worry if it's a bit either way. I would up Ella 50g and see how she goes and up it a bit more if she doesn't seem to be putting on weight. Now she can run around a bit more and feels better of herself she's burn off that little bit extra in no time!
Looking forward to the RAW seminar, see you there.

Offline SandraD

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 04:45:27 PM »
Well done Ella!!

Really looking forward to the RAW seminar - I have SOOOOOOOOOOOO much to learn ph34r

Offline Woodysmum

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 06:32:23 PM »
I'm also thinking of changing my 10 month old pup to raw, he has a little tinned and kibble (Eukanuba) at the mo.  Is this age ok to change his diet and how should I start?  Should he still have kibble with raw, or raw and bones.  Never fed raw to my dogs before ....any advice gratefully received.

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 07:24:00 PM »
Hi Brenda, SandraD

yep, I too have a lot to learn, am worried i'm not doing something right, and they are not get enough of something!, iyswim.

Woodysmum, do a search on raw- there are alot of threads about it, but from what I know, you can feed kibble at one meal, then raw at thr other, but not both together, something about digestion rates!.

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 07:29:37 PM »

I though Ella looked super when I met you last Saturday at Paws in the Park.  Well done.

Erica.