Poll

Who do you insure your pets with- if at all?

PetPlan
Direct Line
LV
AXA
RSPCA
animal friends
Whichever is cheapest!
Use a website like 'Go Compare'
I dont insure
Other company (Please comment which one!)
still looking!

Author Topic: Most popular insurance company???  (Read 5250 times)

Offline karen488

Re: Most popular insurance company???
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 08:47:41 PM »
John lewis

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 08:55:37 PM »
Healthy Pets, premiums have gone up quite a bit over the time I've been with them but they've paid out thousands for Tilly over the last few years; payments are always very prompt and they've never quibbled about any of it.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 10:18:55 PM »
Sainsbury's. Never had any disputed claim, but Ollie's premiums have doubled this year. Together my two dogs cost over £100 per month.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Amus1

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 06:25:34 PM »
Some of those work out more than I pay for my car insurance!!!

I haven't got my collie x insured and so I'm torn as to whether I should insure this one or not.

Have seen some accident only policies which are less per month and will pay up to 4000. But I take it if they developed a condition which would affect them for the remainder of their life it would not be covered? Is that right?

has anyone any experience of 'animal friends' insurers? Or accident only cover?

Ta!

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 07:17:29 PM »
I'm not sure about accident only cover, but I wouldn't risk not insuring - last year within seven weeks the bill for my aunt's older cocker hit almost £7000 after she was diagnosed with cancer. Sadly she was put to sleep after that time, but had things been different then the bills could have soared over that quite easily :-\. It doesn't take much for massive bills to mount up and it would be awful to be in that position and not be able to afford treatment.

I know I will likely struggle with Brodie in her older years, I've already started saving for that 20% I'll be expected to pay for any condition once she reaches old age, but I'm too scared to drop it altogether.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 01:00:04 PM »
We've insured Milly with Animal Friends. During her first year she had an op on her eyes and some follow up procedures at a cost of just over £700.

Our first year's premium was £147 for lifetime cover with a limit of £7k per condition annually with a £90 excess. We've just renewed at £180 for the next year.

Our claim was dealt with quickly and credited direct to our bank account within a week or so.

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »
Although certainly not cheap I have Tessa my springy and Pops with More Than. Tessa is having Cymalgex and Cartrophen plus weekly acupuncture for osteoarthritis and they have paid for it all no problem, same with poor Pops and the ongoing broken tail saga!

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 10:32:46 PM »
M&S and AXA here!
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 08:06:01 AM »
Im with AXA for two of mine and animal friends for ella, i havent claimed so dont know what they are like but i pay in one go so i can shop around every year and get the best deal, i have to say that Healthy Pets paid out no problems with Brunos chemo and treatment
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 03:30:58 PM »
John Lewis here for Alfie... i think we pay around £17 a month. He's almost 3 now and had no claims so far... we went with them after hearing good things about them on here :blink: (they were formerly Greenbee)
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 04:01:59 PM »
M&S and AXA here!

Same here.

I did have Penny with Petplan on highest band but since the renewal was dearer that having 3 with AXA and the fact I am not tied to an insurer because I've never claimed for Penny and next renewal it was an hefty excess plus a percentage of the claim if I stayed with petplan I decided to jump ship.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline tangy tango

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 02:41:48 PM »
All ours are with M&S at the highest level of cover:

Two Springer girls, Pebs & Phoenix coming up 8 = £38 & £37
Zac the Cocker coming up 5 = £20
Tango X breed also coming up 5 = £16
Bella JR coming up 6 = £11.34 (only took this out this year so I think there is an online discount)
(All our birthdays are in Nov/Dec  :005:)

My OH has had to claim for the 3 Spaniels at various times for one off incidents (Phoenix managed to slice open the same leg twice in six months on walks) and he never had any problems, paid out quickly etc.  I think at a certain age they start asking for a % of the claim as well as having the excess.  I have thought about changing for Tango as I was paying half that amount 4 years ago, but I think I worry too much about the exclusion of pre-existing conditions even though he has nothing wrong with him.

Offline debbiedaywalker

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »
Both mine with Sainsbury's £12 for 4 year old and £16 for puppy. I think it was up to about £5000 Vet's with £100 excess.

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 04:34:01 PM »
Im with AXA for two of mine and animal friends for ella, i havent claimed so dont know what they are like but i pay in one go so i can shop around every year and get the best deal, i have to say that Healthy Pets paid out no problems with Brunos chemo and treatment
I have just had a new quote from AXA and its gone up by £40 to £186 for Milo so ive changed him to M&S its still £165 which is cheaper than Axa but i would have changed out of principle , as ive never claimed on it and they arent flexible even when you say you will add two more dogs  >:( >:(
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 04:55:58 PM »
Pets at Home - it was by far the cheapest for me.  It's a postcode lottery as other ones I tried which were recommended and cheap - I received much higher quotes than other people (for a puppy).