Author Topic: My insurance renewal costs less than it currently does!!!!!!  (Read 1668 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
My insurance renewal costs less than it currently does!!!!!!
« on: August 02, 2012, 01:46:05 PM »
Totally amazed :o

William and Louis's insurance renews on 26th August. I received the paperwork from NFU today and overall the cost has decreased by £20. I've been dreading it because William's was bumped up by a huge amount last year when he reached age 7 and because I'd made a couple of claims totalling just over £200. Two years before that I'd claimed over £2,000 when William had back problems and needed a MRI scan so I've claimed quite a lot for him overall.

The reason for the decrease is no claims discount. Louis has 25% no claims because I've never claimed for him. William has 15% because I haven't claimed for him this year apart from about £120 for opthalmic checks and Optimmune ointment. That doesn't affect the no claims because it's for an ongoing condition (dry eye) diagnosed a couple of years ago and I don't have to pay any excess on the ongoing claim since paying the first excess in 2010.

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
Re: My insurance renewal costs less than it currently does!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 01:48:17 PM »
Wow that's good
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 08:07:35 AM »
thats really good  :blink:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 09:46:47 AM »
It was really good, but I'm just about to claim around £450 (after deduction of the excess) for William's eye operation so I've lost his no claims discount and I'm absolutely sure they'll bump his premium up heaps when it renews again next August >:(

The opthalmologist who did William's op. knows I'm with NFU and said the vet practice has all it's insurance with them. She said that when a rep. from NFU visited the practice a while ago he said that pet insurance is where NFU consistently loses money because claims are still higher than premiums and administration costs. I hope they won't join the ranks of those insurers who have already stopped providing pet insurance because of the costs.