Author Topic: Your Thoughts Please - Raw Food  (Read 630 times)

Offline Bella & Poppy

Your Thoughts Please - Raw Food
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:01:33 PM »
Hi,

We currently feed Bella and Poppy Eukenuba dry medium food with some fish mixed in.

Although their coats are very very good we are concerned with what we are feeding them, and is it right. 

After reading a lot about raw diets im keen to hear what my fellow COL's think about it. 

Is a raw diet really as good as people/ companies and websites say?

I look forward to hearing all your comments.

Thanks

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Your Thoughts Please - Raw Food
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:03:07 PM »
If you do a search for raw feeding or BARF you will find loads of threads on this subject  ;)  Quite a lot of us feed raw  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline lola B

• i am owned by Rosie the black cockerdile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:18:12 AM »
i feed Rosie raw and have done since i could change her over her energy improved her coat her eyes her poo`s sorry to be graphic i`m not one of those people who tell everybody they HAVE to feed raw but anybody who wants to i would support to the very last Rosie loves every meal and never leaves anything but she used to regularly leave half of her food good luck  :D

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:54:59 AM »
I made the change, with some trepidation, a couple of years ago and I'm absolutely convinced it's the best way to feed my dogs.

I did it because William was always itchy skinned and prone to ear infections and lip fold pyoderma. He'd been on various kibbles including James Wellbeloved and Arden Grange and the only one that helped his problems at all was Burns. Since the change to raw he's never had skin or lip fold problems and his ears very rarely bother him.

I'm also convinced that feeding him and Louis good quality natural products has got to be better for their long term health than feeding them a processed diet. Just got to get my own diet sorted out now and make myself eat more natural and fresh produce and less processed stuff :lol2:

Offline Janny

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 10:00:23 AM »
I'm thinking of changing my 2 over to raw, what is the best to give them ????
Jan, Dolly & Ruby x

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 10:13:39 AM »
I'm thinking of changing my 2 over to raw, what is the best to give them ????

Have a look at this first http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=97551.0 and then you could start a new thread with any specific questions. If you do a search there are loads of threads on here about raw feeding.