Author Topic: Any variety category.  (Read 1050 times)

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
Any variety category.
« on: September 29, 2012, 10:16:27 AM »
Is the any variety category just got dogs which haven't been listed throughout the schedule, or does it mean those with categories could enter?
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Any variety category.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 01:28:16 PM »
Is the any variety category just got dogs which haven't been listed throughout the schedule, or does it mean those with categories could enter?

Depends on the class :blink: AV Not Separately Classified is for breeds who don't have their own classes at the show but classes like AV Puppy or AV Gundog are open to all eligible breeds whether separately classified or not.
Jane

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 07:14:13 PM »
Excellent thank you. It was av junior that I was looking at.  I'm not sure whether to go for it or not...it'll be his 2nd show.

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 07:20:03 PM »
Sometimes it's nice to have a couple of classes especially if different judges.  If you don't do well under one judge, the other might like him more.

The downside is most AV classes are at the very end of the show and cockers might of been first in so you end up sat around a long time and by the time the class is called, both you and the dog are fed up.

We have quite often entered the AV/Stakes classes but if we're had enough, don't always stay.  It's often only an extra £1 so nothing much to loose if you don't bother to wait.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline dottysmum

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 08:53:10 PM »
You could always put him in one of the AV gundog classes that are judged after the group, not such a long wait then.

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 09:25:19 PM »
I had seen the av gundog ones which we might go for. I've got plenty of time to decide, I did just want to get the entry forms sent off to make myself do it.

It almost seems a shame to go to a none local show, for one class. I was thinking I may as well go for it  :005:

Offline dottysmum

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 09:26:58 PM »
An extra one under a different judge will be good experience for him but be careful not to over do it while he is still finding his feet. :-)

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
An extra one under a different judge will be good experience for him but be careful not to over do it while he is still finding his feet. :-)

Thank you. I'll see if they are different judges. It was Darlington I was considering trying it for, however I have a feeling the av gun dog might be the same judge, but the av junior was a different judge but it says starting 1pm, so it'll be hours to hang around. I'll check the schedule when I go home.

Offline dottysmum

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »
Emma if its North of England Spaniel Show then the varieties will most likely be judged by the Best in Show judge, not the breed judge. They will be right at the end so yes, a bit of a wait but not as long as usual as its a spaniel only show so quite small in comparison to a general open show.:-)

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 10:36:06 PM »
Emma if its North of England Spaniel Show then the varieties will most likely be judged by the Best in Show judge, not the breed judge. They will be right at the end so yes, a bit of a wait but not as long as usual as its a spaniel only show so quite small in comparison to a general open show.:-)

I'll re-read the schedule...Phil was rabbiting on about programming  ph34r...so he kept distracting me :(