Author Topic: Insurance??  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Millie12

Insurance??
« on: October 13, 2012, 11:34:20 AM »
All advice please as i need to get this set up asap because her 4 weeks kennel club will be running out? 1st thoughts are Pet Plan also reccomened by the vet?
Thanks x x

Offline abkb

• Donator
Re: Insurance??
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 11:50:35 AM »
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 12:36:07 PM »
PetPlan is expensive - I started off paying £23 a month but now with Brodie aged four I'm paying £40. And I'm stuck because of her ears. I also learned on here that once she reaches a certain age I'll need to pay 20% of any claim, I emailed them about that but never heard back. Keep meaning to phone them ;).

In saying that, they are absolutely brilliant at paying up. They even payed for Brodie to get some teeth out, which a lot of insurers wouldn't have. I've never had them question a claim. Which is just as well with the amount of money her ears are costing at the moment :shades:.

So very expensive, but good service. AXA are meant to be good and not anywhere near as costly as PetPlan, I believe.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Millie12

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 06:12:39 PM »
Thanks guys, i have read the post and im thinking lifetime insurance with AXA has anybody had experience with them good or bad? or are you with them x

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 07:18:57 AM »
Sainsbury's have been very good with us, when Fudge was ill and then died, costing over £5500 and they paid everything. It costs us £17 a month each for Minnie and Dennis

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 09:01:59 AM »
Thumbs down for Sainsbury's (underwritten by Axa I believe) from me. My premiums for Ollie doubled this year to over £70 pounds. I don't claim needlessly as i have it to cover calamitous events. Their explanation for the excessive increase was that I'd 'made claims over the last 3 years, and that he's a cocker spaniel'. And no option to downgrade his cover as if I did that then any previous claims wouldn't be covered. Pet insurance IMO is a racket so be very careful with whichever company you choose.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Bronte

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 09:25:10 AM »
Just covered Bronte (11 weeks) with AXA - £11 per month with £75 excess.  :shades:

Offline karendorman13

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 10:04:15 AM »
I am with AXA for both my dogs but have not had a claim. But my premiums are low £29 for both dogs and as Bo is over 8 some insurers wanted that premium just for Bo

Offline maddy74

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 10:10:11 AM »
We pay just over £16 amonth for Willow through Sainsburys, although we have recently claimed over 2 and half thousand so not looking forward to seeing whatt they will want from me next year. The big claim when she was at the referral centre took a long time to settle but the centre dealth with them directly. The follow up consults have been paid in about a week. On the whole we have been happy with them  ;)

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 10:18:12 AM »
We pay just over £16 amonth for Willow through Sainsburys, although we have recently claimed over 2 and half thousand so not looking forward to seeing whatt they will want from me next year. The big claim when she was at the referral centre took a long time to settle but the centre dealth with them directly. The follow up consults have been paid in about a week. On the whole we have been happy with them  ;)
Should be interesting as they said I'd claimed over £1000 over 3 years and that was reason for increase. Most of that was for a broken leg (accident rather than long term health issue).
Michelle, Emily and Ollie