Author Topic: Clicking or popping sound while walking up the stairs  (Read 1681 times)

Offline IonaD

Clicking or popping sound while walking up the stairs
« on: January 29, 2021, 12:21:14 PM »
Hi all,

Hope everyone is safe and well?

I’m hoping I am making something out of nothing but before I go to the vets I thought I would ask you guys for some advice!!

When Bella walks up the stair (not every time) I can hear her bones/joints make a clicking/popping sound. Very similar to that when I walk down the stairs.

Has anyone else experienced this? I’m panicking she’s not getting enough calcium or that she might be getting early onset arthritis or the clicking could lead to early onset arthritis.As you can tell I’ve been overthinking this.

I’m working upstairs and my parter is downstairs so she is up and down more than normal checking in on us both which maybe isn’t helping.

Any advice or guidance on this one is welcome.

Thank you all in advance.

Bella & Iona
x

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
Re: Clicking or popping sound while walking up the stairs
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 09:17:41 PM »
Hello, I am just browsing the forum and came across your post.  Our dog Sam has very clicky leg(s), it sounds painful and was noticed from about 5 months. There is no lameness. It is very consistent, all the time (not just stairsor anything).  We talked to our vet and he suggested we try anti inflammatory painkillers for two weeks which we did and it made no difference so the vet (who is a consultant in orthopaedics), did xrays. He couldn’t fine anything wrong but suggested  cartophen (not sure of spelling) injections weekly for four weeks. It didn’t make any difference.  He is only 12 months old. The vet said unless there is any lameness not to worry.
Caroline & Sam RIP Fern x RIP Charlie Cat x