Author Topic: Introducing Liesl  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
Introducing Liesl
« on: December 30, 2012, 04:21:14 PM »
Hello everyone,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

I also would like to add a very sincere thanks to all of you who expressed such concern and kindness during our recent tragic loss.

After much deliberation and many tears we have a new addition to our household - Liesl !

Liesl, formerly named Dotty, is a petite, 6 month old golden show cocker. We went to visit her on 27th Dec and couldn't leave without her. She was the smallest in a litter of 10 - her breeder said she held on to her with the possibility of showing her but she soon realised that she was never going to grow to the show sized standard - hence her late availability.

Day one was full of doubt and uncertainty. I kept comparing Liesl to Theis and struggled with the comparrison. I was missing him more than loving her. Theis was so very strong and masculine in looks and very confident and playful in temperament. Liesl couldn't be more different. She's diminutive, delicate and gentle and she trots so lightly about the house you almost wouldn't hear her.

She is also, fortunately for us, incredibly affectionate. It is this constant supply of affection from her that is proving impossible to resist.

Being kennel raised she has had no training and isn't properly housetrained so we have our work cut out, but it does feel good to have her here with us and somehow does help soften the events of earlier this month.

Although I have sent emails to thank individuals personally I would again like to say a special thanks for all of the emails and messages I received - particularly to Ninasmum, Ruby Tuesday and Wendall whose concern, support and kindness during and after recent events helped and comforted me enormously.

I look forwards to sharing and reading all about the lives of other cockers and I'll put some pictures of Liesl up shortly. :-)

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: Introducing Liesl
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »
My heart has been bursting with happiness for you all Cassie  :luv: :luv:
Welcome little Liesl  :luv: :bigarmhug:  I'm sure you are already loved very, very much  :luv:
Good luck with settling Liesl in & so looking forward to seeing a pic  :shades: :luv:
Love Wendy xx

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 04:29:30 PM »
So pleased to hear your news,  and looking forward to seeing photos of Liesl  :luv:

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 04:31:44 PM »
Oh you have made my day. I appear to be crying again! Congratulations and welcome little Liesl. Can't wait to hear all about her wonderful new life with you - and see piccies of course! :luv: :luv:

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 04:34:07 PM »
Thats great news and a great way to start the new year, looking forward to more news and pics.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 04:34:40 PM »
Oh you have made my day. I appear to be crying again! Congratulations and welcome little Liesl. Can't wait to hear all about her wonderful new life with you - and see piccies of course! :luv: :luv:
Same here!!  Welcome Leisl  :luv:
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 04:35:22 PM »
That's wonderful news. I'm so happy for you.  :luv: A lovely end to the very sad event of earlier in the year.

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 04:35:42 PM »
Yep, crying here too! I'm so happy for you all.

Liesl will never replace Theis, neither would you want her to. But she will fill the cocker shaped hole in your lives. Don't worry if you have mixed feelings for a while, it is natural after all you've been through.

Looking forward to photos :) x
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 04:39:05 PM »
I am so pleased for you all  :bigarmhug: That is wonderful news  :D
Welcome little Liesl  :luv: I am sure you will soon settle in.  :luv:
Looking forward to seeing some pictures when you get the time.  In the meantime, enjoy your new family member.  :luv:
Congratulations  :luv:

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 04:44:36 PM »
Yep, crying here too! I'm so happy for you all.

Liesl will never replace Theis, neither would you want her to. But she will fill the cocker shaped hole in your lives. Don't worry if you have mixed feelings for a while, it is natural after all you've been through.

Looking forward to photos :) x

This says it all for me.  So happy for you Cassie and welcome little Liesl. xxxx
(I was still reeling from losing my Jarvis when we got Toby.  I honestly thought I would never be able to love him as much, but guess what.................... ;))

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 04:56:35 PM »
Really, really happy for you and for little Liesl. It sounds like she has already stolen your heart. It's so difficult not to compare dogs with their predecessors, but I'm sure you'll find, as I did with Penny, that her own wee personality will shine through. We often find ourselves saying things like 'Jess would never have done that' or 'look, that's exactly how Jess used to react'.

Welcome Liesl  :luv: :luv: Looking forward to piccies.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline Lovely

Introducing Liesl
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 04:59:23 PM »
So so pleased I'm sure Liesl will help in your healing process xx
Ali

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 05:08:41 PM »
That's fabulous news, leaky eyes here too!!
It sounds like she's a little poppet, maybe a good thing that she's so different to Theis, they will each have their own identity, if you know what I mean.
Can't wait to see some pictures of her xx

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 05:14:30 PM »
Thank you, everyone  :luv:

Leaky eyes  :lol2: love it :-) (and yes, I'm in need of a plumber, too)

Same here!!  Welcome Leisl  :luv:

Are you a variation of Liesl, too? If yes, a beautiful name :-)

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 05:20:41 PM »
Aww Cassie I am so happy for you....congratulations on your new arrival and I am sure with all the cocker loving she will fill a huge part in your heart. Nothing will take the place of your boy but there is plenty room in your heart to love another.
Enjoy your little girl...and hurry with the pictures x

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet