Author Topic: Hello, nice to meet you!  (Read 2959 times)

Offline GeorgesMum

Hello, nice to meet you!
« on: July 09, 2018, 11:47:48 PM »
Hello everyone,
I'm Bev, a new Cocker owner but experienced in poodles and mutts throughout my life and family.
George is 4 years old and very loving and affectionate - BUT - a barker and doesn't always like other male dogs. 
He's been used as a stud dog up to us getting him in May, and he's our only dog.  He is so friendly with people and would let you stroke and cuddle him all day!  He doesn't mind baths but doesn't like the garden hosepipe!  He loves being groomed and lets me brush him as long as my arm lasts out!
Being a new owner I may have to pick a few brains out there if you don't mind  ;)
Thanks for letting me join, I'm looking forward to learning all I can.  I'll post a photo of him when I know how and where to do it!
Regards, Bev (and George)

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
Re: Hello, nice to meet you!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 01:22:49 AM »
Hi GeorgesMum,

Welcome to COL.

We're owned by Milly, our eight year old black cocker. She came to us at seven months old from a local rescue and is still an extremely cuddleable lump, just ever so slightly bigger now ;)

Over the years she's trained us really well and I'm sure she's starting to use some form of mind control as she matures. She's friendly with most of the local dogs she meets on her walks but her two best friends are a couple of cats. Gandalf and Jacques, two Male Maine Coons belonging to our daughter. There's photos of them here
http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=117698.0

They'll both walk on a harness and lead and we get some funny looks when we take them, and Milly, for a walk together. It confuses the heck out of other cats and dogs as well  :005:

Have lots of fun with George and I think you'll find that most of your questions have already been answered on here, you just need to use the search facility to get hundreds of responses, but feel free to post new questions and there'll always be someone willing to give help and advice.

Regards, Bob.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 06:26:41 AM »
Hi Georgesmum and welcome !! Bob‘s right in that most things have been covered in previous discussions at one time or another and the posts are still there as a reference but its still nevertheless nice to chat and get personal support, I think we‘ve all been in need of that at some time or another. Humphrey, now 3, is my first cocker, we’ve always had dogs but when I retired I decided it was time to start addressing the bucket list and he really was worth the lifetime wait! Like all breeds, they have their little quirks and er hum „specialities“  ;) but I‘ve found accepting and managing is the easiest strategy, although I use the term „manage“ lightly as they‘re usually better at managing us than the other way round.  Looking forward to hearing more about George, best of luck!

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 07:09:06 PM »
Welcome to George  :luv: and his mum! A lot of information available on here, and also good for when you fancy a chat! Hope George continues to settle. Looking forward to photos.

Online MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 06:53:56 PM »
Hello, welcoming George and mum into the family
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline AmCocker1973

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 05:28:33 PM »
Welcome George and his Family! 😁
I am quite new here too.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 08:51:08 PM »
A very big welcome and we love everything cocker, cant wait to see photos of George and just ask away if you need any advice
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed